Why a fixed amount of gold on champion kills?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaratu

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Anarchy View Post
Not really, I wouldn't care if me/my team's carry was getting decent kills and keeping balance of that person dying by keeping his items moving fast. Also I tend to get plenty of kills on each of the opposing team as poppy, and after 15 kills on random enemies I get lower gold even if it's not the same person.

Here's the kicker, if you watch your gold, and you have a buddy with you and let them get the kill you get MORE gold from the assist then you do from killing it yourself. I find this stupid.
You're full of bull**** and you should feel terrible about making stuff up and trying to sound so convicted about it. That's not how it works, I can gauruntee it.

Littel

09-08-2010

Quote:
Not really, I wouldn't care if me/my team's carry was getting decent kills and keeping balance of that person dying by keeping his items moving fast. Also I tend to get plenty of kills on each of the opposing team as poppy, and after 15 kills on random enemies I get lower gold even if it's not the same person.

Here's the kicker, if you watch your gold, and you have a buddy with you and let them get the kill you get MORE gold from the assist then you do from killing it yourself. I find this stupid.
Nope gold recieved isn't based on how often YOU killed a certain target but more on how often the target is killed without him getting a kill. So if you kill a Teemo 6-7 times everyone else will recieve less gold for killing him.

REßEL

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaratu View Post
It's not based on your kills so much as an enemies death streak. If someone is feeding the reward for killing them is lower, conversely, if they are rampaging through your team they're worth quite a bit more. (Reward goes up to 1000 gold for killing them.) It's a bit of an anti-snowball mechanic.
That makes sense, but doesn't explain why after 10kills on 4/5 the 5th is still lower then the original 250-300g

REßEL

09-08-2010

Quote:
You're full of bull**** and you should feel terrible about making stuff up and trying to sound so convicted about it. That's not how it works, I can gauruntee it.
Obviously just a raging troll.

Hikaratu

09-08-2010

Quote:
That makes sense, but doesn't explain why after 10kills on 4/5 the 5th is still lower then the original 250-300g
One of two reasons, A.it isn't and you're very bad at observation.

B.Someone else has been killing the 5th besides you so his bounty is also lowered. Giving you benefit of the doubt it's probably this one.

Edit: Also I'm neither raging or a troll, using the word bull**** to call yourbull**** doesn't make me angry, but you're incorrect and the way you say it in such confidence despite being wrong is likely to mislead impressionable forumgoers with the wrong info.

REßEL

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littel View Post
Nope gold recieved isn't based on how often YOU killed a certain target but more on how often the target is killed without him getting a kill. So if you kill a Teemo 6-7 times everyone else will recieve less gold for killing him.
Wasn't aware. I get it now.

REßEL

09-08-2010

Quote:
One of two reasons, A.it isn't and you're very bad at observation.

B.Someone else has been killing the 5th besides you so his bounty is also lowered.
You child, need to stop trolling with insults just to get post count up.

Hikaratu

09-08-2010

Quote:
You child, need to stop trolling with insults just to get post count up.
Says the guy doubleposting instead of responding to two posts in one post or just editing the original reply to include both replies rather than editing it in. Just because I have a more insulting demeanor doesn't mean I'm giving you information that's not valid, I did in fact tell you why it was, and also you missed my edit on that particular post where i tried to make it a bit less inflammatory.

REßEL

09-08-2010

Quote:
Says the guy doubleposting instead of responding to two posts in one post or just editing the original reply to include both replies rather than editing it in. Just because I have a more insulting demeanor doesn't mean I'm giving you information that's not valid, I did in fact tell you why it was, and also you missed my edit on that particular post where i tried to make it a bit less inflammatory.
I'm not double posting I'm simply posting before a reply is made. Your edit came after my I posted my next post, I don't care for your information when you do it in an immature matter like a child while others are doing it in a civilized and proper matter, stop trolling.

Gaimcap

09-08-2010

Quote:
I'm not double posting I'm simply posting before a reply is made. Your edit came after my I posted my next post, I don't care for your information when you do it in an immature matter like a child while others are doing it in a civilized and proper matter, stop trolling.
What? I believe you are confused as to what "Double posting" entails... I can assure you sir, you are indeed double posting...

And yes, that first reply was troll worthy Hikaratu. You should have raised your point in addition to the flame to balance it out so it wasn't just a flat out troll. Leaving it as an insult with no content actually lowered the potential validity of your statement, thereby defeating the rationale you later gave to justify it.

Oh, and at this point, you are becoming the troll of the thread Rebel.