Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why a fixed amount of gold on champion kills?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruppina

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Does it seem weird to anyone else that killing a lower level champ grants the same amount of gold as a higher level one?

shouldn't it make more sense for the reward to be level based?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Littel

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Would make ganking as solo laner not realy that good/worthwhile. Also if you are able to get a level advantage over your opponents then thats their fault, they have the exact same chances at getting level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

saurabh

Senior Member

09-08-2010

why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaratu

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Reward is streak-based and that's just dandy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaimcap

Senior Member

09-08-2010

That kind of system promotes longer gameplay. Riot specifically designed the game to have quick and more... something...(action packed? *shrug*) style of gameplay than DoTA (which used said system, along with gold loss upon death).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

REßEL

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Quote:
Ruppina:
Does it seem weird to anyone else that killing a lower level champ grants the same amount of gold as a higher level one?

shouldn't it make more sense for the reward to be level based?


Ever notice that after you get a decent amount of kills you only get 50g or below? Kinda funny how you work for your kills and then they screw you over and lower it since your doing good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaratu

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Quote:
Rebel Anarchy:
Ever notice that after you get a decent amount of kills you only get 50g or below? Kinda funny how you work for your kills and then they screw you over and lower it since your doing good.


It's not based on your kills so much as an enemies death streak. If someone is feeding the reward for killing them is lower, conversely, if they are rampaging through your team they're worth quite a bit more. (Reward goes up to 1000 gold for killing them.) It's a bit of an anti-snowball mechanic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Littel

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Quote:
Rebel Anarchy:
Ever notice that after you get a decent amount of kills you only get 50g or below? Kinda funny how you work for your kills and then they screw you over and lower it since your doing good.


This is so that you can't feed on the same person, you'd hate it too if one of your teammates died all the time because he's not good/feeding this makes it less of a deciding factor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaratu

Senior Member

09-08-2010

While I'm here, it's noteworthy to mention don't get kills when you're feeding if you're not going to stop feeding after the kill, it makes you worth more gold again, let someone else take the kills until you have more hp items/levels/whatever =|


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

REßEL

Senior Member

09-08-2010

Quote:
Littel:
This is so that you can't feed on the same person, you'd hate it too if one of your teammates died all the time because he's not good/feeding this makes it less of a deciding factor.


Not really, I wouldn't care if me/my team's carry was getting decent kills and keeping balance of that person dying by keeping his items moving fast. Also I tend to get plenty of kills on each of the opposing team as poppy, and after 15 kills on random enemies I get lower gold even if it's not the same person.

Here's the kicker, if you watch your gold, and you have a buddy with you and let them get the kill you get MORE gold from the assist then you do from killing it yourself. I find this stupid.


123