Chalice of Harmony on Ez

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reznorist

09-08-2010

I know that there will soon be changes to AD Ez, but I was wondering why Chalice of Harmony is not viable on AD Ez? I heard people talking trash about it in other posts but never explained why. Thanks

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorist View Post
I know that there will soon be changes to AD Ez, but I was wondering why Chalice of Harmony is not viable on AD Ez? I heard people talking trash about it in other posts but never explained why. Thanks
You need to spend your money on making your Mystic Shot kill people.

sezz

09-08-2010

Because if you run mp5 runes you will have no need for any mana items (aside from maybe sheen)

Voidgolem

09-08-2010

If I spend money on making it kill people, what'll I do when I'm OoM? >.>

MP5 runes are nice, but they're not quite enough to sustain you all the way through laning (unless, of course, you never actually use your skills - In which case, why bother?)

*shrug*

sezz

09-08-2010

I run armorpen quints and reds with mp5 per level yellows and blues and I never have mana issues.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post

MP5 runes are nice, but they're not quite enough to sustain you all the way through laning (unless, of course, you never actually use your skills - In which case, why bother?)

*shrug*
Thats the difference between a good Ez and a bad Ez.

The good Ezreals (1/10) will play Ezreal with MP5 runes (I use MP5/level, because I use my MS at the right times only) and use their Mystic Shots much less. I don't even get Meki Pendant at the beginning, I get an Elixir of Fortitude. I don't even buy Chalice if I am overfed, I just use it to buy items that feed me more. If I need mana, I get golem. End of Story.

These are the Ezreals that make people QQ.

Bad Ezreals (9/10) will buy Chalice, Sheen and boots of swiftness (because Phreak recommended then, most probably).

Best is:
Farm up off of creeps until you have 1.8k gold. Get BF. Killing champs helps, but if they are playing defensive like they normally do agaisnt Ez then just farm creeps.

Come back. Kill mid. Gank lanes.
Win.

Sardoni

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post

*shrug*
Clarity w/ MP5 per level runes and I can stay in a side lane until I've hit level 12 without having to B on Kayle. I'd imagine the same benefit on Ez would spill over. I start with the pendant to build Nasher off the bat on Kayle and never have to get a chalice.

You're looking at "24 mana per 5" at level 18 with no items so you can focus on other item builds. Runes should enhance or even replace certain item decencies. I always had to get a Chalice on Kayle until I changed my runes and spec a bit. Now I never need one and have my boots/rageblade/nasher by level 14.

Plus just get golem all the time?

Voidgolem

09-08-2010

I use mystic shot as a supplemental to last-hitting, generally with the odd harassment thrown in.

Run OoM fairly quickly after commiting to killing someone or forcing them to recall, regardless of runes, masteries, or starting with a meki (or not, as the case may be).

*shrug*

I don't particularly see chalice as good, but at the same time I'm not entirely convinced it's bad, either.

Deaths

09-08-2010

It is too much of a goldsink early game, you need that gold for damage items. If you conserve your mana and use your abilities correctly you shouldn't have a problem with MRP5 seals/glyphs.

hightech

09-08-2010

If you are the Ezreal coming back to a lane from the fountain at level 9 with a chalice and mercs, you might as well go back to the fountain because you are useless.