Plz Help, Resevoir system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0 Genesis 0

09-08-2010

What is this? i know its been removed, but i dont even know what it is

Carabao

09-08-2010

Yea, can someone elaborate, I myself is confused.

Yobber

09-08-2010

It's removed let's stop talking about it.

got321321

09-08-2010

noob, if you bought lichbane or trinity force 1 time you obviously know what is reservoir

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

to my knowledge the system was that you could Proc Sheen effects continuously without cooldown, but once you ran out of the reservoir you had to wait 3 seconds before you could proc it again.

think of it as storing water behind a dam and then opening the **** to let the water spill out. then you gotta wait for water to build up again.

Voidgolem

09-08-2010

Before: Sheen/Trinity/LB's 'cooldown' may as well have been a tooltip error except on champions who had no actual skill-cooldown to speak of.

After: You'll get off maybe one out of three Mystic Shots without a buff on it. Not too big a change unless you're a heavily-fed AP Ez.

sweatersDC

09-08-2010

Basically, Sheen would proc with a "cooldown" of 3 seconds. But, if you waited 9 seconds, it stored 3 charges in a "reservoir". You could then unleash all 3 charges in rapid succession by using the pattern [cast + proc + cast + proc + cast + proc]. This allowed certain champions (Akali) to burst for huge amounts very quickly.

With the changes, it no longer stores charges in a reservoir. With the cooldown now 2 seconds, the pattern is now [cast + proc + somethingelsefor2seconds + cast + proc]

Metta Game

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnCey View Post
Sure, I don't see why not.
The reservoir system worked similar to Tear's of the Goddess - so you get 1 proc per 3 seconds, that are 2 procs per 6 seconds.
Those 2 procs you can use in the first second, and the next 5 seconds not (thus reservoir)

Now you can only proc every 2 seconds, so i think it will be more or less the same

0 Genesis 0

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPEternity View Post
to my knowledge the system was that you could Proc Sheen effects continuously without cooldown, but once you ran out of the reservoir you had to wait 3 seconds before you could proc it again.

think of it as storing water behind a dam and then opening the **** to let the water spill out. then you gotta wait for water to build up again.

Right, so instead of X-item causes X-Damage after spell cast... (damage increased with each spell cast until attack used) its just Causes X-damage flat. amirite?

Xyltin

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 Genesis 0 View Post
Right, so instead of X-item causes X-Damage after spell cast... (damage increased with each spell cast until attack used) its just Causes X-damage flat. amirite?
before: You got a stack for every cast, with a 3 sec CD.
but you could sit out the CD before you even got a stack.
After 9 sec without a proc you had the possibility to get 3 stacks without the CD cause you waited before.

now: you make a cast and get the proc and before you get another proc you have to wait 2 sec.

it is still after a cast, but now it is like you would expect it.
make a cast -> get the proc -> release the proc and wait 2 sec till the next one is avaiable.