Confused about LoL lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NorthStar22

09-08-2010

What exactly is the relationship between summoners and champions? Do champions have free will on the field of justice or do the summoners control them completely?

Also can a summoner representing Noxus call forth Garen or Xin Zhao to fight against summoners representing Demacia?

I'd love to see the lore of this game expanded to make it a little more clear.

RubeNLwD

09-08-2010

watch the season 1 trailer

NorthStar22

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubeNLwD View Post
watch the season 1 trailer
I have. I guess you could infer from the trailer that summoners give the champions a general idea of what to do, but don't have direct control over them. Still not very clear.

My other question still stands though.

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

The summoners summon the champion and tell the champion what to do, we are the summoner. So I would chalk it up to, the summoner commands the champion to go places and attack things, where HOW they accomplish things might be left to them.

The League is supposed to be an independent entity, the summoners aren't themselves affiliated with either side, but whenever a dispute needs to be settled they will divide into groups temporarily representing a particular side.

Strictly speaking of Lore it may be that champions who have a primary alliance will never fight against their nation.

Lopatnik

09-08-2010

Don't compare the Lol gameplay to much with the actual lore, i actualy believe that most champions only respond to one side, because, if it was like in the gameplay then i don't actualy get it how could they have 2 garen's fighting themselves