Chinese Avatars are kooler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragels

09-08-2010

I would love to have that Taric. I've always loved that Taric art, even before I start playing LoL, and was really dissapointed when I saw him in game.

MusicJazz

09-08-2010

Sivir got upgrades.

Soiyeruda

09-08-2010

I find most of them look better, although I can't get over a few of the designs.

Sivir's face in the chinese version seems incredibly out of character, as an example.

Quote:
People who are fans of anime art styles might agree that the champion panels look "cooler." Ultimately the in game design is the same.
To be entirely fair, "Anime art styles" is a bit of an over generalization, and isn't limited to the typical anime stereotypes. (giant eyes, obnoxiously weird hair, etc.)

While some of the chinese LoL artworks do look more "anime" than the others (just look at Taric's hair), most of them are actually probably 100x more epic than the current 3d-model-touched-up-in-photoshop look that most of the US versions seem to have.

Obee

09-08-2010

That Taric art is outrageous. Truly truly... outrageous.

Sardoni

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiyeruda View Post
To be entirely fair, "Anime art styles" is a bit of an over generalization, and isn't limited to the typical anime stereotypes. (giant eyes, obnoxiously weird hair, etc.)

While some of the chinese LoL artworks do look more "anime" than the others (just look at Taric's hair), most of them are actually probably 100x more epic than the current 3d-model-touched-up-in-photoshop look that most of the US versions seem to have.
OK Eastern art style.

They had some interesting creative spins on the champions I'll give them that, but I felt like I was gearing up to play a dungeon fighter style game rather than a dota style game looking at all the artwork panels :P Loli Annie being the prime example.

AwwGasm

09-08-2010

Heres the link to a thread where a helpful chinese guy uploaded a crapton of pics

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=204415

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

im looking for the picture of poppy, it appears on the background of the defense mastery tree too. anyone got that?

eSPee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

They're fake...

Sivir wears no underwear...

lnspire

09-08-2010

I just came.

Sentient 6

09-08-2010

Haven't seen that sexy Shen one before.