Need advice regarding defeating Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damanator

07-23-2012

Its really easy to shut down darius early game. I usually pick solo top and when I have to fight a darius I choose to be aggressive. Champs with good poke but can also sustain their damage can get fed off of darius easily. Instead of fiora try champs like xin zhao. He can slow and knock up darius early on which will take almost if not half his health in a lvl 2 fight. Also make sure you dodge the pull and Q. If he can't hit with that he's not going to be much good.

Kentucky Shuffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

I would suggest switching out your Atmas for a Madreds, NT, or even a Malady. With as much health as Darius ends up with, a Madreds plus Fiora's attack speed plus the other AS items, you should be able to take him.

Fearsicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman321 View Post
You can counter Darius entire existence by quicksilver sashing the bloodstacks away as he channels his ult reducing the true damage considerably.most likely you will still die but his ult won't refresh as it didn't land the killing blow.
Lol. So build an item to counter a part of Darius's game but you'll still die regardless though the benefit is that "his ult won't refresh" what a terrible upside.

Houston

07-25-2012

I play only 3v3 and find darius very annoying. It is difficult to beat him but it can be done. Here's a few tips that I hope help.
get kitey - if he can't catch you he can't kill you (fiora isn't that)
darius is an all in champ (no disengage) if he pulls you u he is probobly gonna go for the kill. Exhaust+ignite is often enough to out dmg him as long as u haven't let him get fed.
finally, if you want to weaken him harass after he q's. Stay back and pick up last hits till he tries to farm with his q. It has about a 5 second cooldown and u can get in 2 or 3 hits while is trying to run or if he decides to trade u will out dmg him. As with most solo tops, potions help majorly especially with his passive. I have seen early vampiric but I never do it.

There is a series called don't feed on youtube that is very helpful. Look up "don't feed darius" by ciderhelm. He gives good tips here s well.

Gl man!

Turtle Omega

07-25-2012

Didn't read your post, but I've played against tons of Darius's, and have learned how to easily abuse and take them out.

Here are a few common steps you should take:
-Choose a CC oriented team. Darius's entire playstyle and ability set requires him to be right in your face. CC dominates him simply because of this.
-Choose a champion who can poke at a range without fear of getting pulled. (E.G. Rumble, Kennen, etc)
-Keep Exhaust as a summoner spell, it'll weaken him and if he catches you, it'll help you get away.
-Constantly ward and keep your team alert. Darius should be a #1 priority, no matter how fed he is. Darius's kit allows him to carry teams if he gets fed even a little, it's just his playstyle, not that he's OP.
-Play Darius yourself. One of the best things a player can do is play the champion they're having trouble with. Getting used to him, you'll be able to see his flaws, his counters, and how to abuse his playstyle.

Trial By Pain

07-25-2012

I find that the best way to beat him is to bait him to use his skills, avoid them, and hit him when he's on CDs.

But then again I usually lane against him with Renekton, so I can easily harass him while not getting hit.

The Only Shaco

07-25-2012

darius sucks

Vriska Serket

07-26-2012

Fiora counters Darius. I have never seen a Darius win agiesnt a Fiora. Not when I play her. Not when I play agienst her as Darius. She just out damages him, out sustains him, and can block his highly damaging attack with her W.

ByMyGrace

07-27-2012

I love so much that the last two comments, the most helpful and intelligent responses, received down votes. oh trolls, heres to u.

Onime no Kyo

07-28-2012

only champ who has semi stopped me with darius(Pantheon)

using his spear and the ability to block an melee strike allows him to poke and with its low cool down he can do it effectively, he also has nice Armour

but the a problem is that is if he doesn't feed off you he will gank and get fed anyway

atlas he only semi stopped me i trashed him late game once i was fed from his team mates,