Need advice regarding defeating Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plus411

07-21-2012

First and foremost, Darius isn't OP. Second this is not a QQ thread and I am seeking advice not meaningless troll comments.

Now that we have that sorted let's get onto the subject at matter, how OP is Darius? I mean Really! Just fooling, as stated earlier he isn't OP but I do have trouble beating him. Specifically on Twisted Treeline Top Lane with Fiora. As for the reason this is on the TT forum and not on a different one for instance the Champion Feedback forum is because I mainly play on Twisted Treeline and am looking for tips and tricks about how to beat him on this map not on summoner's rift. Playing on Twisted Treeline mean that it's blind pick therefore all your "But Plus just counter pick him!" arguments are invalid, don't pose them.

As a bit more information I usually play with a friend, most of the time said friends will either pick a tank or Trynd. Also I tend to build Fiora with a bit of health but not necessarily tanky. Perhaps bruiser would be the word to describe my build. It usually consists of, Doran's blade > Cloth Armour > Ward and a pot or two > Boots > Ninja Tabi > Wriggles Lantern > Frozen Mallet > Bloodthirster > Atmas Impailer > Ionic Spark > Infinity Edge. Although I don't usually make it passed my Wriggles Lantern as Darius has already gotten fed from either me or ganking bot and taking one of the other squishies. Also I don't get as much farm as I need to both level and get items because I can't trade well enough with Darius to get him to back off and let me farm.

So please if any of you forum goers would give a moment to help a Fiora player out and give me tips on how to beat Darius in lane, or at very least keep up with the rest of the levels and items it'd be much appriciated.

-Plus411

TL;DR: If you didn't read the whole thing you probably aren't qualified to give a reply so please refrain from doing so.

Iron A1dan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plus411 View Post
I do have trouble beating him. Specifically on Twisted Treeline Top Lane with Fiora.
Don't use Fiora.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

^There is no champ that counters every champ. If you are losing to a specific champ every time with a champ you are good with it is probably just a bad matchup. That is why most people give advice for Draft Mode where you can assume you are on even footing with the other team. Blind Pick is a bit of a dice roll.

Plus411

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron A1dan View Post
Don't use Fiora.
There is a reason the TL;DR states that those who do not read are not qualified to give responses. Also, before you get all whiny, no reading one key sentence does not count as reading the entire post.

Quote:
^There is no champ that counters every champ. If you are losing to a specific champ every time with a champ you are good with it is probably just a bad matchup. That is why most people give advice for Draft Mode where you can assume you are on even footing with the other team. Blind Pick is a bit of a dice roll.
I'm not asking for a champion to counter all. Nor do I assume that i'm going to win every game or be good against every champion. The problem I'm facing is that when ever I face Darius I have trouble. My team has won multiple times against teams with a Darius, it's not a bad team match up I can guarantee you this. During these game's where we've won against a Darius I've been able to decimate most other of the opponents in that game. Again stating the problem i'm facing is against Darius not one of a bad match up.

What I was asking was would anyone like to share a tip or two about beating Darius specifically. A general tip perhaps not specifically for fiora would be useful. Please answer the question that's posed and not give me a generalization on the problem i'm supposedly facing with which I have put enough thought and observation into to figure out for myself. This by all means is not supposed to be a "QQ" thread that was created from someone going "Darius beat me in one game let's go ask the forums." So please don't treat it as one.

TL;DR: Again, read whole thing or please don't reply to it.

OnlyBotLane

07-22-2012

I did read the whole post. My point was if you are laning Darius vs Fiora you pretty much cannot win unless the darius messes up badly..

Plus411

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
I did read the whole post. My point was if you are laning Darius vs Fiora you pretty much cannot win unless the darius messes up badly..
The comment under the first quote was directed at Iron A1dan who quoted one key line from the first paragraph and gave a lack luster 3 word response. As was the TL;DR, although that was more for if Iron A1dan or anyone else were to try to rebut an argument they've yet to fully read.

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

07-22-2012

have you tried jumping in and using your counter on this Q? I had a Darius get killed by a Flora in a game when I was on bottom, I watched one dual and watched her do that over and over again to him. Then she just went in on him w her ult....I hate Floras utl makes her very hard to catch.

Neoman321

07-22-2012

You can counter Darius entire existence by quicksilver sashing the bloodstacks away as he channels his ult reducing the true damage considerably.most likely you will still die but his ult won't refresh as it didn't land the killing blow.

BraveryBeyond

07-22-2012

Darius has terrible poke and is susceptible to strong poke champions. Being able to harass him effectively is something that requires patience and the right champion. Fiora is going to be a poor match-up against Darius because she plays into his game -trade and sustain melee- versus champions like Pantheon or Talon who have a good poke game but can also back that up toe-to-toe. A melee sustain champion is going to have problems because of Darius's passive ability that can shut down most sustain you have early game while having the ability to purchase something like Philo Stone and have immaculate sustain himself. The best way to counter that game play is to keep him at a distance and try to zone him with good poke harass or have good burst potential that can get off quick so you spend less time in melee range and force him to B sooner.

If you're set on playing Fiora, I would stop playing top versus Darius or ensure you have a jungle that can gank him frequently by having a strong solo champion bottom.

ZillyAU

07-23-2012

Best bet would be to whack him if he uses his q on minions since u can parry his w. If he's just last hitting and saving his q then it will be a tough fight. If you are able to kill his minions prior to the fight and you can use your minions as damage that would help. Worse case lane swap with someone that can fight him better.