Surrender votes and making suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petrakiss

09-08-2010

Hello everyone,

I just want to talk about surrender votes and making a suggestion in leavers/afk players.

1) So when the game is going very bad and players start to put out the surrender, there is always thoughs who purposely (whether it was raging or just being *****) vote no. Now I can understand that for those who are not doing it just to be ***** but to inform others that we still have a chance if we pull together, which is not a problem. So the questioned I want to ask is why does 2 votes out do 3? (3 yes and 2 no = the 3 yes win but in this case its not.) I just would like someone to explain to me the purpose of this cause i don't understand.

2) I was thinking also about those who purposely leave or afk due once again to rage or just being *****. So what I had in mind was for those who do leave that the surrender timer would be reduced. Example of this is say 5 min for each player leave or 2 min , just something to help move things on.

3) Since there's no voice com apart from third party programs like vent/skype/mumble/ etc, it leaves others who are solo or don't have those programs to be more independent with only the "ping" for quick response. Turbobear was suggesting different color ping's too indicate signs like red for att and black for def or what ever suits. This way at least players have some sort of information about whats going on, other then the consist ping mashing.

Thank you.

Black Lyon

09-08-2010

The only problem I see with your reduced surrender time option is that it could, not necessarily would, but could lead to potential IP farming abuse. A group of five jerks could get together and decide to try and be cute, and purposely leave games. The end result would be the opposing team(s) earning IP at a significantly accelerated rate. The likely result of that happening would be an increase on IP price points.

I really don't know how to fix the problem. Last night I played a game in which five players in total quit. Two from my team, and three on the opposing team. A 3v2 game. Not fun at all for either side. There was roughly a ten minute lull in which no team fights happened, and no towers were attacked. Both of our sides spent the time farming creeps. It sucked, hard. The only reason I think the other team didn't surrender was because they were hoping someone else from our side would drop.

RedSatyr

09-08-2010

This is just me guessing, but I think the reason 2 beats 3 is that it's in favor of those who want to keep going. However, I do think it's silly. If 3 people are wanting to give up, even if you can win... with a "give up" attitude, it doesn't normally work out. I've had people just feed the other team because they want to force a surrender.

I think the surrender timer reduction would be a nice possibility, but as Black Lyon states, it could be abused.

Lastly, it's not that hard to get Vent, TS, or Skype... you likely don't even need to talk, just be able to listen. Now, if you were to go solo and you're talking about random groups, typing can help. Even if it's a quick, "twitch mia". Having multi color pings just scares me... I'd like to see a cooldown after someone pings. Many groups I've been in (random groups) where some noob pings the same spot about 50 times. It's quite irritating. Also, you'd have to have like shift-g and alt-g for say red and black pings. It'd be fine for me, as I have a gamepad... but, that would be annoying with a keyboard.

mcnichoj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSatyr View Post
I have a gamepad...
Stopped reading right there.

Yobber

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Stopped reading right there.
Yeah, we're not playing Street Fighter.

RedSatyr

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobber View Post
Yeah, we're not playing Street Fighter.
Lol, so judgemental. Btw, this is what I meant... http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDkQ8wIwBA#

REßEL

09-08-2010

I've never understood why 3v2 on votes keeps you in game. Obviously the 3 who wanted to quit have given up hope and probably wont be trying to help. The two who don't want to quit, can just play another game where they would have a better chance (possibly) at winning the game. I've seen plenty of games where a flaming child purposely feeds the other team so his team tries to quit to spare the long drawn out defeat and he clicks no to keep them in, and for some reason 1/4 hit no, so the three that hit yes are stuck there.

This wouldn't be such a problem if the intentional feeders, and flaming kids were dealt with but they aren't, so fixing the voting system would be nice.