d3dx9_39.dll problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeiwajimaShizu

07-21-2012

i've seen numerous posts about fixing this problem but still i cant fix it

I've tried re-installing lol like 5 times i downloaded direct x-9 but it says that i already have a version of it

My computer runs on windows 7 64 bit

i even tried to re-install windows but it didn't work ... i need help plz

slifty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Hello to everyone facing this problem! I too faced it!

FIRST: do not under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES download the dll directly from a non-official source. This includes places like dllfiles.com -- dlls are pieces of executable code that can do low level system actions. You have no idea if those files have been changed, if they contain viruses, or if they will generally cause problems.

So what can you do?

For the long version, the solution is here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby..._39dll-dll.htm

Here's a quick summary. Do these steps in order:

1) Make sure Windows is fully updated. Every time you restart you have to manually "check for updates" to make sure there aren't any missing.
2) Make sure your graphics card drivers are fully updated. Google is your friend here.
3) Make sure your directx is fully updated. Follow the links from the article above to do this. They point you directly to Microsoft. Be very careful not to just download random files from the internet
4) Reinstall League of Legends.

After each of those steps you need to restart your computer and try launching again. Any of them COULD solve your problem, but if you are like me, none of those steps will work.

5) Restore the specific dll directly from the DirectX Package and then restart -- instructions: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe...toredx9dll.htm

#5 is what solved the problem for me. For whatever reason, even though I had used that exact same package to update DirectX, I had to replace the file in C:\Windows\System32 directly.

I hope this helps another summoner get in the game!

Vorpike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

You can either download it and put it in the correct directory or update your computer (by typing in update in search on Windows Vista.7).

Macktaracktor

01-14-2013

slifty Thanks!

That worked for me. That site just tells you how to use the normal DirectX updater to get the files you need and put it where they need to go... so no shady malware sites to deal with... which is a huge ++

i also needed to put a copy in my sysWOW64 folder because im running a 64 bit Windows

Thanks again!

popman325

04-02-2013

hi guys I completely ignored you for going to a place like http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_39 this completely fixed my problem and all u got to do is go to C:\Windows and move it to root

popman325

04-02-2013

ill post vid for proof

Devoureur101

08-09-2013

Thanks Slifty

Dude thanks very much... only 5-10 minutes fix. your link was very useful and no male-ware...