AP Xin Zhao (Not trolling)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guilderoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Well, yesterday I tried AP Xin Zhao, and found out... He's truly OP.
I went 22/5/5, solo'd Baron, and also was able to take turrets (full health) with 1 or 2 enemies attacking me under it (and taking the kills as well)
I REPEAT, THIS IS NO TROLL GUIDE.

I'll describe my build, my runes and my masteries.

For the runes, I used flat Physical dmg Quints and marks, flat armor seals, and flat magic resist glyphs.

For masteries, 21/0/9, or 21/9/0 (ad based), since I play kinda aggressive so I need the offensive boost there.

As you can see, there's no AP here, and that's how this is going to work and the reason behind this.
AP Xin has a REALLY, REALLY bad start early game, if you start AP you're DEFINITELY going to lose the lane, no matter how much you try. This is because even if you go AP, your skills still are tied to AD based damage (except for E, of course)
Ok then, you're going to start as a normal AD Xin, get boots and 3 potions, that should work really nice. Get E for first skill, Q as the second and W at lvl 3. Max E as any Xin would, then here's where the change comes, do NOT max Q after maxing E, max W.
Try to take kills or assists as much as you can, obviously try to let the carry get them but if you're planning to carry well, go for them.
Rush Guinsoo, which will provide a really good lane sustain, then complete the boots, turn them into Berserker or Mercury (check match situation)
After Guinsoo and boots are done, you'll have to get Rylai's, start getting Giant's belt for endurance, then get either the book or blasting wand and complete the build ASAP.
Now for the last core item here, which will make us beasts on the battles, Atma's Impaler.
For the next 2 items, this can be very situational, you can get even more tanky if you wish, try to always aim to get tanky either while getting AP and armor/magic resist/health (Like getting Chalice, Zhonya's, RoA, etc.) Get Rabbadon on this build to solo Baron.

For the summoner spells... Well I would appreciate some opinions here, I'm still wondering if this is the best spells for this kind of Xin.
I go for Flash (Flashing into the jungle or a creepwave then E and you're safe), and Ignite (Damage boost for early game)

However I'm thinking surge would work pretty nice in this build, specially on early game because of the AP and AS bonus.
So would Exhaust, because it's efectiveness early game is far greater against a carry than ignite.

I'll explain the core items...
Guinsoo will give us AP, AD and bonus AS. This will provide us a good lane sustain, since our healing passive will be working really nice at this point, just like if we had a really good lifesteal.
Also our damage won't be bad, our E damage will wreck those who might get ninja tabi for countering you, and even so, your main feature isn't your damage actually, but your endurance because of the passive and the AP. CAREFUL WITH IGNITES, if you get ignited and you're low health don't risk yourself, retreat immediately.
Boots and Guinsoo done, Rylai's is the best item you can get now for 2 things. First, you'll be doing a nice damage at this point (in normal conditions, don't go nuts against the 11/0 Kassadin) and you'll HEAL yourself by 150 every 3rd hit.
Now, Atma is vital here. Will boost our AD damage and give us the chance of crits, as well as armor. At this point, you might be really though.
Now, for the last 2 items I went Nashor Tooth and Rabbadon's Deathcap, maxing my healings per 3rd hit to a impressive amount of 400. Nashor gave me enough CDR which scales with the CDR of our Q getting really short cooldowns. Also the attack speed and ability power were of great help for damage and healing purposes.

I'm still researching this optional Xin, so I will accept any kind of reviews of course.

I have the replay on this match so you can watch yourselves how AP xin works. I'm really lazy to record it and post it has a video so you can watch it with LOLReplay.

Here is the link to download it if you want to watch it:

http://www.2shared.com/file/-xujQTsA..._-_22-5-5.html

Guilderoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Bump, i would like to hear some opinion

HonorableGeneral

07-21-2012

This really isn't AP Xin. It's more AP heavy Hybrid Xin.

Pure AP Xin simply isn't viable because you don't do damage, not without at least a few AD items (Guinsoo's and Atma's). AP Heavy Hybrid Xin is a creative build, it's just not AP Xin.

+1 for a decent guide.

Guilderoy

07-21-2012

Thanks ^^. Still needs a lot of testing thou...
I'm playing it every game so I can try many other kind of builds, yet this is the better one I found out.

HonorableGeneral

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilderoy View Post
Thanks ^^. Still needs a lot of testing thou...
I'm playing it every game so I can try many other kind of builds, yet this is the better one I found out.
I actually am theorycrafting a Hybrid Xin build to try out. It's a bit less AP heavy, but the item build is:

Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads
Hextech Gunblade
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Lich Bane

You get the slow from Mallet, the AP/AD combo from Gunblade and Rageblade, Armor from Atma's, and you get movement speed, AP, and Sheen proc from Bane. Basically, you get all the nice things that you'd get from Trinity Force, except with a bit more tankiness thanks to picking Mallet over TF.

EDIT: Just computed the Sheen proc stats. With this full build and no runes or masteries (level 18), you'd do an extra 243 damage on your next auto-attack after using your spells (assuming full Rageblade stacks). Basically, just stack up your Rageblade on minions, and as soon as an enemy comes in to engage your first hit will do (without runes or masteries, at level 18) 430 physical damage. On an enemy with 100 armor (50% mitigation), usual armor for a squishy enemy, you'd do 215 physical damage in one hit. That's pretty strong.

A Potato

07-21-2012

I like where this is going

Guilderoy

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
I actually am theorycrafting a Hybrid Xin build to try out. It's a bit less AP heavy, but the item build is:

Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads
Hextech Gunblade
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Lich Bane

You get the slow from Mallet, the AP/AD combo from Gunblade and Rageblade, Armor from Atma's, and you get movement speed, AP, and Sheen proc from Bane. Basically, you get all the nice things that you'd get from Trinity Force, except with a bit more tankiness thanks to picking Mallet over TF.

EDIT: Just computed the Sheen proc stats. With this full build and no runes or masteries (level 18), you'd do an extra 243 damage on your next auto-attack after using your spells (assuming full Rageblade stacks). Basically, just stack up your Rageblade on minions, and as soon as an enemy comes in to engage your first hit will do (without runes or masteries, at level 18) 430 physical damage. On an enemy with 100 armor (50% mitigation), usual armor for a squishy enemy, you'd do 215 physical damage in one hit. That's pretty strong.
Appreciate the suggestion, seems really good as well so i'll try it out.

Only thing I would change is Hextech Gunblade, and why would I do this? The Spellvamp from Hextech won't prove very useful, thou it is a good item for picking.
What do you think about Yomuu's? Armor penetration and cooldown reduction + Arpen and some AD + Unique active providing a large AS boost.

I just wouldn't give up every AS boost since the heal procs faster the more AS we stack, so if we discard Berseker boots I would reccomend taking some other item replacing it.

Vydelar

07-22-2012

I have been going 9/21/0 in testing out some xin builds, and one thing that's worked fairly well for me is going zeke's/athene's as items to work for. with a few cdr runes, and enlightenment maxing out cdr by 18. Athene's gives a fairly large chunk of ap on it's own, and it makes blue unnecessary, due to it's massive mana regen. Maxing out cdr means W can be kept up 100% when combined with Q.

Yeah, I had tried full ap xin before in a bot game, and it was extremely silly, considering ap build isn't that you can take baron that makes it absurdly disturbing. It's the fact that you outheal baron.

fnak

07-22-2012

I'd take out the Rylais', since the slow isnt as effective with AoE, instead just pick a frozen mallet/triforce or maybe a Rod of ages if you dont care about the slow.

Another thing that could work is Thornmail, if you're unkillabe, they will have to eventually hit you, so you might as well make them suffer for it.

Directw

07-22-2012

When the new Xin comes out, I immediately think of the old Jax: Guinsoo + Gunblade + Rylia