When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rouge Nightmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

I first heard of lol through a youtube video. I saw this picture of a fighter with an awesome look so i checked out the video n fell in love instantly. So i found my way into this game n saved up enough for my first n truly main champ : JAX. He got me into this game and i went all the way to lvl 30 with him. Now i have a couple of mains that i like to counterpick with.. for example to counter alot of tops i use jax. To counter the rest of them i use riven n vlad. Mid i love playing kat.. especially the reworked version. Support i mainly use blitz with those op pulls . I dont like to ad carry but when i do itll always be sivir or graves. So idk if you can count that as having a main, but i like having that versatility.
From most W/L ratio Main list:
Jax
Kat
Akali
Olaf
Riven
Blitz
Vladimir
Graves
(Newly added) Nidalee, and panth

CausticBleach

08-20-2012

For me, I don't main a champion now, but back then, I used to play the **** out of Akali and Shen.
What can I say? I can just rip through whole teams with Akali (not to mention I just LOVED her skills) and I loved Shen because it was just so satisfying to go save someone with your ult, or to help your team get that ace with the flash+taunt.
But now, I just play almost any support, jungler, or tank.

The Sexy Viking

08-20-2012

Haha. Hmm, I guess my main choosing went a little differently, I had a level 13 and I just got sick of the name, and all the mistakes on it, so I made a brand new account. This one.

I went straight out and bought a Riot Card and bought Olaf, I fell in love with him, as you can see from my name. Soon after I progressed from him onto Ahri, finding I was completely and utterly terrible with her. I soon saved up enough to buy Katarina, she was really fun, but not style, Darius came out, I was a machine with him, then Diana, I destroyed mid with her.

But I guess.. my main love.. Riven. First game I had with her, I went 42/4/12 - the damage output, the speed, her ulti, dayum. So, I'd say her and Jax, being able to annihilate anyone 1v1 is amazing!

havate

08-20-2012

For me it's karthus.I was playing a bot match.there was a bot karthus who single handedly defeated us.I thought I should try him.it started in level 15 .I played him may be more than 300 matches.he is my main champ now.karthus is the one who led me to 1123 elo from 900 elo.out of 9 matches won 7.
Thanks to riot karthus is no longer considered an op and I get the chance to pick him in almost every match.
However I do have other favorite e.g. vayne, kennen, tristana, malphite, leesin.
But karthus will always remain my main champ.

AJStarhiker

09-10-2012

Second free week I played had Teemo. I skipped all the cheap champs and planned my IP for buying him first.

Then Leona came out and I liked the idea of a female tank.

Dry Ace

09-10-2012

A buddy of mine said "brand and tf carried me out of the bottom elos" after I turned lvl15 I realized I suck with tf...to this day ill even hard counter myself with brand if I have little to no other choice....im just that comfortable with him...

I honestly try to play kog more than anyone else right now...I feel like ive gotten better at the game and if theres enough cc to protect me, ill shred hp...

kog has always been my favorite by far...brand is my fall back though...so I'm who I would consider my "main"

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

I play nasus, becuase I have never failed with him. it's impossible to not farm q, and free damage=win

Hughes De Payens

09-11-2012

My first main was Cait. I wanted to be AD Carry, but was a crappy player since I was new, so I needed someone I could do well with early, and Cait was perfect for that. Used her until I sucked a lot less, then got Graves. He was my main until my friend stopped playing AP Mid for our team. He played a lot less consistently, so someone needed to take his place. I had a friend who played AD well enough anyway, so I decided to take mid.

I owned a few AP Carries at the time, but hadn't played much with any of them. I learned Brand first, but at the time his Ult was very unpredictable, so I wasn't as much of a fan of him as I would have liked to have been, so I did some research. I heard Cassiopeia was overpowered when played by someone who knew her well. Based on this info, I bought her and learned to play her well. I now feel overpowered most of the time when I play. I've moved onto learning Kennen as a secondary main, and also know how to play Ryze decently, but need a rune page for him.

Twinkel

09-19-2012

played against cho gath once, got totally stomped. i decided to buy and try him out. He can play any lane for the most part (not jungle though) and he becomes tanky AP carry. feast is totally ridiculous. pair him with ignite and exhaust its usually gg

sambobsam

09-19-2012

Garen....

i started with jarvan because he was free the week i started, and as i browsed the champs he seemed to be tanky, which i knew i needed because i am way to agressive and pushy to live very long (in any game i play). when the free week was over, i had to find someone new... by that time i had saved enough for a cheap champ. i read up on a few champs (gangplank, alistar, chogath) but when i read garen's skills i knew i had found the one... he had the mobility to both pick a fight and back out of one, and his ult was an execution-style burst of pain. i bought him having never even seen him being played... and i dont regret my choice. after the patch i realized that late game drop-off wasnt just a problem i had, but a problem with the champ, and they fixed it. once i get warmogs and atma's there is no stopping the snowball! tower tanking here i come! get ready Mr. AD carry, cause we are pushing to the GG right now

i did cheat on garen with master yi for a few weeks, but after lvl 20 or so people learn to counter him too well....
i