Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-23-2013

Cho'gath became my main after I got stomped into the ground by one when he was considered weak. I picked him up and started playing him mid and got used to landing his rupture before the timing fixes. Got really good at hitting it and usually stomped anybody that wasn't malz or cass.

Then a few patches later they released that battlecast skin fixed his q and buffed him. I've got to the point that I'm very confident that I can first pick him without worrying about getting countered.

missou

01-23-2013

Cho'Gath, because monster 6 stack Cho'Gath Bot used to terrorize me like no other in Co-op vs. AI.

Kuatsu742

01-23-2013

Janna all the way for me. She was a free champ my first week of play. Ironically I played her the first time solo top. I did pretty well, held my own. Then I played her as a support...that big number in the assist area made me so happy.

Now I just love the feeling when I teach people to fear my whirlwind and I can deny them cs for a good 1-3 seconds. Or when they dodge and I totally predicted their movement anyways and hit them.

Lastly the ult and shield can be such game changers. Ive turned what would have been a (0-5) teamfight into (3-0) with those skills a lone. Shes what inspired me to main support.

Teemo AMA

01-23-2013

always been teemo. Wasn't a choice

Santisimo

01-23-2013

Rengar.

I completely took a chance with this one. I saved up to 6,300 and decided I wanted a mean, vicious, and savage character that sort of fits a manly role. Rengar seemed to fit that bill.

Despite sucking with him my first few games, I continued to play him simply because he was more fun than any other champion I had previously bought, and I have now reached the point where he is the only champion I consider myself to have complete mastery with.

arphan

01-23-2013

My main is Janna. I played tons of games with her, before the season 1 start. I had more than 100 wins with her, in normals game. I start to play her, when I hit level 30, after playing nunu and anivia. She was hidden OP, back in the days. The reason, I like her, its because I like to support and I like to win.
Season 1: 113 wins-69 defeats
Season 2: I try to main other role (adc and jungle)
Season 3: Only 23 matchs with her, so far. I don't play her, as often as before, but I still like to play her when I support!

-Arphan-

Cheeselord1000

02-03-2013

I have main almost everyone in lol and 4 a long time i hated mid but 1 game i had 2 mid malz and instahook then i saw a vid on jngle and now malz mid and jungle all i play

AndrewxBR

02-04-2013

My main used to be Evelynn , sweet holy god , i used to love eve.As she is a fast champ and an assasin , i went crazy with her , fast kills , good burst , nice score , way too much adrenaline , now , i dont have a main , thanks riot ^^ ( nerfed :{ )

TheOnlyJaces

02-05-2013

When I got Xin , he was super OP. I was like level 16 or so and for the first time, I was winning every single game and could 1v2 (on TT) most of the time. So I really got the hang of it and still playing him a lot.
My ap main is Cass. After playing a super simple champ like xin, I wanted an ap champ which is really hard to play and to master. After Elise , she is still the most skilled champ I have. Took me forever to learn how to properly last hit, land q , place W in teamfight and to spam 3x E while on poison.

Both champion are still my favorite ones.

Now I looking to master Elise and been doing well with Irelia/corki/gragas/kennen

Dpaladinx

02-05-2013

My main is something that is simple and easy to play and that relies on autoattacking to get kills. My first main was Lulu (who was also my first 6300 IP champion) due to her passive. Later, it was Teemo due to his E passive poison. My main adc now is Tristana due to her long range value late game.

For mid, my main will be either Ziggs, Fizz, or Kennen. For top, my main is Kennen or Teemo. Lulu is my main support now.