Jungling with Nocturne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustangdesu

05-23-2013

Nocturne is one of those champions that can be played with many different rune page setups and some different mastery page setups. Nocturne also has a lot of items that are really good for him, which makes it hard to decide what to get. I cover the basics to jungling nocturne in this video. I really hope it helps some people out with jungling him. He really is one of the strongest solo q junglers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU2Uxz0_8QM

If you really don't feel like watching this video I will give you a short run down

<Jungle route>

You can start red or blue, I prefer blue most the time. If I am blue side I do like to start red so I can gank top early. Or if your blue gets invaded you have to start red so basically purple side is wolves>Blue>Red>Wraiths gank and blue side is wraiths>Red>wolves>blue>gank.

<Masteries and Runes>

Masteries can be 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 I mostly prefer 9/21/0 but 21/9/0 is a good assassin setup for when you don't really need to be tanky. Runes are almost always go with attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR per lvl blues and Armor pen quints. If I am 21/9/0 I like to go armor pen marks and AD quints.

<Items>

-Machete+5 pots start
-madreds razor+boots and maybe a ward for first recall
-Chain vest and Blade of the Ruined = Core items
-Warmog or Frozen mallet next (usually Warmog)
-Next Randuins Omen or Runic Bulwark (Runic Bulwark if AP is strong, Randuins Omen if AD is strong)
-Usually get offensive items next like Ravenous Hydra or Black Cleaver since they stack armor late. Youmuu's Ghost Blade also great and definitely, definitely consider Statik Shiv for split pushing.
-Lastly I get Atma's Impaler

Mustangdesu

05-24-2013

yay 0 replies lol

Madraac

05-24-2013

No replies because you do not provide much "new" information that cannot be gleamed from numerous other guides and such.

Also, why would you rush BotRK according to your post? I understand rushing the Bilgewater component as it adds an additional slow to your fear once you engage and can keep them in its range, but BotRK is much more a late game - mid game item. The damage is scaling, so it is inferior to a BT if you are rushing it. Also, my opinion, BotRK is bought based on the team comp always. If you have Garen, Cho, and Mundo or the like, then that 6% of current health will truly destroy, but if more bursty assassins, the flat AD of BT is better.

TeknoWizard

05-24-2013

It doesn't have many replies because of something you said in the video itself. "This is just a really simple guide."

Mustangdesu

05-24-2013

Well Madraac thanks for a good reply. There are holes in my guide thats for sure, I don't exactly rush BotRK, I'm just bad at wording. I like the passives on it a lot so this is just personally what I like to get a lot. There are some situations where I feel forced to build something else though.

HMS BUTTPEE

05-24-2013

I think I am the only person on earth you rushes Spirit of the Ancient Golem on Nocturne.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
I think I am the only person on earth you rushes Spirit of the Ancient Golem on Nocturne.

What? Why?

He already has a great AD boost, its 1200 more gold than a wriggles, The bleed is nice but that 1200 gold can go to a brutalizer if you want more damage. Wriggles gives you better dragon control, and a free gold every 3 minutes(which in a 36 minute game that's 750 gold if you get within 6, which you should)

Nocturne has no reason to build an Ancient golem over a Wriggles as he's pretty much a single target clearer and wriggles is built for that. It also allows you to counter jungle faster, gives you some tankiness against other ad junglers, more sustain.

Ancient golem is just sub par compared to Wriggles for Nocturne.

Akromah

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
What? Why?

He already has a great AD boost, its 1200 more gold than a wriggles, The bleed is nice but that 1200 gold can go to a brutalizer if you want more damage. Wriggles gives you better dragon control, and a free gold every 3 minutes(which in a 36 minute game that's 750 gold if you get within 6, which you should)

Nocturne has no reason to build an Ancient golem over a Wriggles as he's pretty much a single target clearer and wriggles is built for that. It also allows you to counter jungle faster, gives you some tankiness against other ad junglers, more sustain.

Ancient golem is just sub par compared to Wriggles for Nocturne.
Wut?