Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra's development

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angry juju

07-21-2012

"Riot: Start at the beginning. Where did Zyra’s development start?"

"Morello: We were looking at the archetype for a long time now; maybe a year. We’d just been calling her “plant girl.” Originally, she was a take on the nymph or dryad from traditional fantasy with a distinct League of Legends flair. Dryads are kind of “hey, heal you with nature” and soft and flighty, not the most fleshed out concept. So what is cool in nature? Strangling you with vines, man-eating plants – these were brutal. What if our dryad was focused around this sharper side of nature?

Zyra is also one of the champions that had a ton of developers working on her. At least three designers had a hand in in iterating on her kit."

Why is Morello lying about development? Why can't he be honest and just say

"Well I was watching the batman cartoons on toonamiaftermath in my office instead of doing league of legends stuff, and then Poison Ivy came onto the screen and started being awesome, So I decided to make a champion based on Poison Ivy with the same idea of sexy plant woman and making a plant based skillset out of her abilities while also taking the backstory and using it to make essentially the same backstory for Zyra.

Next patch we will make the BruSwain skin."

CoolGuyCantDie

07-21-2012

MaestroRage

07-21-2012

+1 for BruSwain. A mighty lol was had. -1 for everything else. The universe is balanced.

Angry juju

07-21-2012

Quote:
MaestroRage:
+1 for BruSwain. A mighty lol was had. -1 for everything else. The universe is balanced.

Yes, the universe is balanced with plant women who wear zero clothing.

I also like how he comes up with the "nymph" concept then doesn't have the nymph mentioned at all in the lore.