Which should Riot do? (PLEASE read thread first)

Host a 3v3 Tournament! 70 24.56%
Feature Some 3v3 Streamers! 10 3.51%
Feature 3v3 in 'Spectate Live' Games! 18 6.32%
All of the above! 144 50.53%
Twisted Treeline needs to be 'fixed' first. 43 15.09%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

What if Riot Hosted a 3v3 Tournament?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
But you could perhaps intruduce players by having a nonstremed tourney alongside a 5v5 tourney and then maybe only strem the finals? Whats more is it could just be an online tourney and that way they wouldnt have to fork out much money at all just give it some air time between 5v5 games?
Not only that but howbout just offer some skins as prizes and minimal money (Go4LoL amounts)

Minigorophin

08-05-2012

Even if they slowly introduce the idea in massive tournaments they host with the pro's doing 3v3 scrim matches with each other before games would be entertaining.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigorophin View Post
Even if they slowly introduce the idea in massive tournaments they host with the pro's doing 3v3 scrim matches with each other before games would be entertaining.
Agreed

Inarius

08-17-2012

Need more 3's! I lvl'd to 30 on 3v3 alone before I really even touched 5's.

Neosn

08-18-2012

This is a bump, and it is for you. Thanks for being a reasonable voice in our shady twisted treeline.

good job chimpy

Recruiter

08-18-2012

i think that i will start attempting to make a TT tourney, might take some time for me to actually do it...i'm busy give me a minuscule break...though i feel that the live games would go a long way, and featuring a TT streamer would be good if we had one...do we? fixing somethings would be nice but as nome had posted before changing anything would not mean that it's still TT but it will get better...i like separating things by "..." maybe i'll make some guides, though i feel like they might fail, hard...ehh well all's well that ends well

Spoogeanator

08-19-2012

Show 3s a liTTle love

Zan Vorez

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Note:
I've read lots of threads complaining about turtling, jungling, certain champions being broken, certain team compositions being broken, and of course, the nexus turret. But after reading them, I am yet to agree with any of them.
Agree with them or not, they are still the reasons why TT is never going to have any tournaments.

1) Turtling; stagnant gameplay may be a strategy that we all employ, but it is not fun to watch. Why would anyone want to sit around for half an hour and see a team kite minions into a fountain laser? The answer is they wouldn't. It's boring.

2) Random camps have been recognized as an issue, and the fact the one person can solo dragon at level 6 with one item follows suit. There is no way to "plan" a jungle run because it is never the same, and that can be the difference between a win and a loss.

3) Every champion has a counter, but to say that having two less people to focus champions doesn't break the way certain tankier champs were designed is pretty ignorant. Same goes for team comps.

4) The nexus turret harkens back to number one, but also brings up the issue of champions with displacement moves. Depending on the side, a simple fling or knockback can push an entire team into certain and almost instant death if they are on the wrong side. Even an inexperienced player can see how that is imbalanced.

In essence, it is possible to play Twisted Treeline competitively, but that does not mean by any stretch of reasoning that the map does not have massive flaws that need to be dealt with, or that anyone in their right mind would enjoy watching the typical match.

Too many people look past the issues simply because they feel they know how the map works and how to play around them, but that does not make them disappear. And many more are hesitant to chance because they embrace the imbalances, as it gives them the opportunity to win without really requiring much skill. In the end, if you want 3v3 to be taken seriously, the map needs have an overhaul.

(As a side note, even the VOTING mechanism on TT is broken. Since when does the majority fail to overrule the minority?)

Lee Sinladen

08-20-2012

In addition, there should be a blue buff on TT for the jungler.... or a larger jungle for people to notice that the jungle should be utilized.

Angrygocmen

09-20-2012

The thing with 3v3, is team comp plays a huge HUGE role(I cannot stress that enough). People that have solid win ratios as teams in 3v3, play the same or very similar team comps over and over, ever seen a 3 man squishy assassin team come close to winning? I can tell you from experience the first que dodger in lol history happened when he played a 3v3 pug match, and saw what his team consisted of, and knew they lost before the game had even begun.