Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rush bloodrazor or wriggles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rEkcAh

09-07-2010

I have talked with some fellow ww players and some other jungle players and was wondering what some of you guys think about after getting madreds razor either to get wriggles or rush bloodrazor. I prefer going bloodrazor for ganks but only if i get a few ganks before this and if not i get wriggles for the great jungling and a good amount of ls.

xDiamantx

09-07-2010

Buying Lantern over Bloodrazer is a huge mistake for any Warwick player, warwick do very little damage.

rEkcAh

09-07-2010

Quote:
xDiamantx:
Buying Lantern over Bloodrazer is a huge mistake for any Warwick player, warwick do very little damage.

LOL its not buying it over another its if to save up for a while to get it or get lantern to help get more money and kill people and stay alive. your english is horrific.

Nihil Sine Nefas

09-07-2010

You don't need Wriggle's to jungle as WW. A normal Razor is plenty already. You should be rushing Bloodrazor ASAP because that will be your primary, and possibly only damage item. Wriggle's only delays your Bloodrazor and provides negligible benefits to Warwick.

McRofls

09-07-2010

Bloodrazor just seems so much better in every scenario I think of, especially for Warwick.

xDiamantx

09-07-2010

Quote:
IAMDeFy:
LOL its not buying it over another its if to save up for a while to get it or get lantern to help get more money and kill people and stay alive. your english is horrific.

And you're a poor LoL Player, I make mistakes on the internet because I don't bother spell checking or anything because if you don't understand what I mean you're brain dead. And what you just said still makes Madred's Blood Razer a better item, you can still easily buy a recurve bow or pickaxe over making wriggler's lantern and it would still be better for teamfights, boohoo a free ward every 3 minutes or something is absolutely useless for warwick if he doesn't any damage in a fight.

A Retarded Clown

09-08-2010

rush the bloodrazor. Get boots of mobility after madreds razors then build the recurve and then pickaxe. Once u got madreds and boots u can pretty much gank adn get a few kills. Tbh...the only lifesteal item I'd get on WW would be starks...not bloodthirster. Other offensive item Phantom Dancer, Banshees is a MUST as is at LEAST one more defensive items that offers Armor/MR AND HP.

Cpspindel

09-08-2010

For Warwick I think the Bloodrazor is a given since it syncs well with his ult.

Siky

09-08-2010

I rush Wriggles if I'm playing an auto-attack champ that lacks lifesteal of any kind and that I'm not planning to build Stark's and/or Bloodthirster on. The extra ward is just a bonus that is extremely useful.

Bloodrazor is a godsend for carries, especially those with really high attack speeds and especially on ranged champs.

Though lately with tanky champs being the norm, Bloodrazor is less useful than it should be unless it's on Kog or unless you're fighting Cho. Nobody else really stacks HP and gets over 2500 anymore unless your name is Garen and you also get tons of MR too making the razor next to useless.

JohnCataldo

09-08-2010

To address the original post, I think only rarely does Lantern makes sense for anyone, and usually they should get a Bloodrazor first anyway if they bothered to get Madred's Razors. If you just want cheap lifesteal, you don't need to upgrade the Sceptre, and if you do upgrade it there are so many better items.

I'd like to see Lantern have half the or 1/3 the cooldown time, maybe, and then it would be more interesting. Giving the effect of +90 gold every 3 minutes (180 seconds) is half as good as the Greed mastery (and that's assuming you are always in position to drop the free ward right away, not running around for longer than 180 seconds), and most people wouldn't suggest "half Greed" is useful.

Quote:
Siky:
Though lately with tanky champs being the norm, Bloodrazor is less useful than it should be unless it's on Kog or unless you're fighting Cho. Nobody else really stacks HP and gets over 2500 anymore unless your name is Garen and you also get tons of MR too making the razor next to useless.

What? When you say tanky, I assume you also mean relatively "healthy". Bloodrazor is BEST against those enemies. It's only bad against enemies stacking MR, which is few enemies in general, and it still helps to diversify your damage (significant magic and physical damage).

There's also Vlad, Mordekaiser, and others who often have high health but rarely has much MR. And suggesting Bloodrazor is "next to useless" vs. Garen is shortsighted. Are you going to do better with Infinity Edge (let alone Wriggle's Lantern)? He also gets armor. The 4% is a big deal, since it scales with how healthy the enemy is.

IE is +80 damage, which is the same as BR's 4% against 2000 health (also 80). Most champions get to 2000 health or more, and if they have much less you will wreck them quickly with either item. Sure, I'm handwaving a bit over the critical chance and extra critical damage, but you also get armor and significant attack speed from BR. Against someone truly tanky with 4000 health (quite high but not unseen), BR does twice as much damage as IE (again ignoring the other effects).

IE, if you can rush it quickly while enemies still have significantly less than 2000 health, will be better for a while, which definitely matters. But BR keeps scaling and only gets better. Plus lots of important jungle creeps have 2000 health (or much, much more).

Sorry for derailing a bit, but it seems severely misinformed to suggest BR might be "next to useless" in any game.