Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does farming really win games? :S

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNerdAL

07-21-2012

Quote:
shadowshifte:
you aren't even 30 or your opinion might matter. farm really does win games. especially the higher up you get.

I've played against a lot of level 30 people. :S watchutalkingbout. I've seen some horrible level 30's. lol. Rarely, I've seen some good ones, but that's because my teammates kept feeding. lol.

CrystalisX

07-21-2012

Depends really. Items and gold help win the game, as in general 90% of games (yes that's a ballpark guess) are won by the team with more gold. However, if a player who has all the gold is caught out of position and/or focused down at the beginning of a teamfight, then the other team ultimately doesn't have that gold/items until they respawn and rejoin their team. When both teams understand proper positioning and focus, who has the higher cs will tend to win the game, unless the game lasts till everyone has the gold for 6 items.

NamKim

07-21-2012

Farming, jungling, kills, and assists all have one common denominator: gold

From watching streams and matches, etc. The team with more gold tends to be the team that wins. This is not always the case such as after a certain point, gold means nothing since everyone completed their build or a superior team composition, etc.

So, my conclusion is gold wins games. How you get that gold is up to you.

Farming = steady source of gold for you
Kills = a lot of gold for you
Assists = some gold for you
Dragon = some gold for the entire team
Baron = a lot of gold for the entire team

SharkPiledriver

07-21-2012

Quote:
DarkSleigher69:
I've played against a lot of level 30 people. :S watchutalkingbout. I've seen some horrible level 30's. lol. Rarely, I've seen some good ones, but that's because my teammates kept feeding. lol.

Don't listen to that guy. -_-;

Some of us are actually trying to make discussion happen.

Nizu

07-21-2012

Quote:
DarkSleigher69:
Just played a match against Kassadin as Veigar. He wasn't really harrassing that much, he was focusing on his farm. After he got 100 minions, he said "100 farm". I wasn't really focusing on farming that much, I mean, yeah I farmed a bit here and there, but if I got too close to him, I'd get harassed.

We ended up surrendering because my teammates fed him. -___-

Kassadin is a hard matchup for Veigar, don't feel bad if you lost to him. Just focus on what mistakes you made and try improve them.

That said, never underestimate how important farm is. Farm is the reason you kill your lane opponent, so you can get farm and push the lane into his tower to deny it from him.

Lemme tell you a story that illustrates this.

As an example one time I went up against LeBlanc as Cass. I did okay early, but soon their jungler (Lee Sin of course -_-) was camping my lane. Pretty much anytime I stepped outside my turret I'd get dived and killed. My Jungler decided I was a noob and didn't want to help.

However, LeBlanc cannot farm, pretty much at all. She's probably the worst farmer in the game. Cass on the other hand can run out, Q/W some minions and get 70-90% of a wave no problem.

So even though this LB went 8/1 against me in lane, I had more farm than her. And because it was so easy to kill me over and over she didn't roam. She tried a little but anytime she left I'd push the wave and she'd come back. So the other lanes didn't snowball.

So her farm was killing me multiple times, worth less each time. By the end of it, I was giving her 50g and a few minions she could gather, in the meantime my CS was climbing higher and higher above hers. Mid game hits, she's falling off hard, I have more CS than her and am able to transition into a strong midgame, we stomp and good times are had.

If she'd been able to both kill me and deny me farm/get herself strong farm that wouldn't have happened. I would'a been out of the game. It's so easy to not notice, she probably thought she was having an amazing game, she went 8/1 in lane! But by not feeding on bot and top, and by having no CS, that was deceptive.

SEND ME UR NUDES

07-21-2012

Quote:
DarkSleigher69:
Yeah, i mainly focus on farming with my Q. So, 90% of my CS is from my Q. I'm talking about regular autoattack farming. XD. What i do is wait for a minion to be low, and use my Q on them. Then wait for CD. If I see a minion that's low and is not too close to Kassadin, I auto-attack. Then use my Q again on another minion.

Of course farm wins games, you should be last hitting minions with Q, and last hitting minions with AA when Q is on CD.

Think about it this way, with gold, you can get AP!
AP-> More farm
More farm -> More gold
More gold -> More AP!

More AP-> You can zone your enemies
Zoning Enemies-> More farm for you, less farm for them!

More AP-> You can kill your enemies!
Killing your enemies-> More gold!
Killing your enemies-> You can win games!

More gold-> More wards!
More wards-> You won't die!
You not dying-> Win games!

Farm is extremely extremely important, and of course it wins games. Teamfights/objectives wins games, and they are won by getting items, and items are obtained by farm.

Mynt

07-21-2012

Getting gold / stats wins games.

There's a few of ways to do this:
1) Landing killing blows on minions
2) Landing killing blows or assists on champions
3) Landing killing blows on Dragon or Baron

Depending on the state of the game, one of these actions may grant more gold than the others.

Zemiazas

07-21-2012

Yes, I've seen it win games. It is just as important as focusing the carries, playing as a team, warding, proper jungling; farming is GOLD, you kill Just to get the gold advantage. From now on, if you have 20 more cs than your lane enemy, imagine you've killed him once.

iProbie

07-21-2012

high skilled players are pretty risk averse
so they prefer to grab gold the safer and easier way (farming)

to solve the issue of too much farming in competitive games, there are ways, but they would not be perfect and might bring other issues in:
e.g.:
1. give more bounty or xp for champ kills
2. limit the number of wards that can be up at a time by each team. forces the teams to be more careful in farming and open up opportunities for ganking strats.
3. change the layout of the jungle to promote ganking or roaming strats.

TheNerdAL

07-21-2012

Quote:
Zemiazas:
Yes, I've seen it win games. It is just as important as focusing the carries, playing as a team, warding, proper jungling; farming is GOLD, you kill Just to get the gold advantage. From now on, if you have 20 more cs than your lane enemy, imagine you've killed him once.

I shall remember that last sentence then. :P