Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does farming really win games? :S

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNerdAL

07-21-2012

Just played a match against Kassadin as Veigar. He wasn't really harrassing that much, he was focusing on his farm. After he got 100 minions, he said "100 farm". I wasn't really focusing on farming that much, I mean, yeah I farmed a bit here and there, but if I got too close to him, I'd get harassed.

We ended up surrendering because my teammates fed him. -___-

FluffyNeko

07-21-2012

A veigar player that doesn't know the importance of farm?

O.o

VoidBro

07-21-2012

Generally, when someone plays a game you can't assume to get a stockpile of kills and get your gold income that way, however farming someone everyone can expect unless support

TheNerdAL

07-21-2012

Quote:
NyanNyan456:
A veigar player that doesn't know the importance of farm?

O.o

I know it's important. lol. Just don't think they win games. :S

Phenòm

07-21-2012

Think of it this way. 1 minion is worth what... 15-20 gold? So 20 minions = 1 kill.

Bennnyboy

07-21-2012

Dude you were Veigar, you should be farming that q all day.

Phil Nye

07-21-2012

Teleport Revive Karthus is a classic example of how farm > kda score, within reason. Doesn't matter if karthus went 0/3 if he's well farmed and becoming a quasi-hypercarry AP.

Boss Harp

07-21-2012

Quote:
DarkSleigher69:
I know it's important. lol. Just don't think they win games. :S

If you think farm doesn't win games, i'd suggest not playing veigar anymore. Don't try nasus either.

Farm = guaranteed gold (+ap if veigar), kills are hit or miss, you might get 15, you might get 1 or 2

Alma

07-21-2012

~20 (give or take) minions is equal to 1 champ kill. 100 minions is equal 5 champion kills. yea. farming in the begining is pretty important.

Melanchior

07-21-2012

Not that farming isn't important, but it is kind of overemphasized. I see too many people who are like "They have higher cs, we lose"

For 95% of the matches, gameplay is what decides the outcome. People watch 2200+ elo streamers way too much.

However, if you're Veigar, it really IS important.