Deathfire Grasp on Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

07-20-2012

What do you guys think? I just tried it in a recent game, and I found the results to my liking. As a tank, you're usually in better position to use its active on high value targets than say, your AP carry, and it gives plenty AP to boost your skills to deal even more surprising burst damage.

Sure, it doesn't make you tankier, but I feel it's a decent option for him. Thoughts?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

You don't have enough AP to make the item worth the money.

MiaoLong

07-20-2012

Well, its relatively cheap (2600g), especially if you factor in the GPM from a early Kage's, and you can always use the CDR and AP. Sure, you're not doing 32%, 36% current health, but 25% is still significant and really adds to Shen's already sleeper killing potential.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
Well, its relatively cheap (2600g), especially if you factor in the GPM from a early Kage's, and you can always use the CDR and AP. Sure, you're not doing 32%, 36% current health, but 25% is still significant and really adds to Shen's already sleeper killing potential.
The problem is that you will rarely build any more ap and magic pen on Shen, (as Shen is suppsoe to be focusing on being tanky) so that the damage from DFG will rarely pass 20% (Assuming enemy have basic MR glpyh)

If the enemy buy some MR, then it will be surprise for your DFG to do more than 15%...

FaerellG

07-20-2012

If you want to deal damage as Shen, you should build him as a bruiser. HP, AS and resistances.
Frozen Mallet, Atma's and Wit's End are all you need to make shen hit very hard for the amount of beef he has.

XCodes

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
Deathfire Grasp is anything BUT cheap. It's only ability other than the nuke is +80 AP, which is not great on a Shen with no AP. Against an ADC, which is who you should be going after, it's only going to do about 400 damage each teamfight. That's not worth 1k gold.

Iron A1dan

07-21-2012

No. Not worth the gold, considering the AP you will have.