How do you come back after an early death in top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeijiDoom

11-14-2012

Was playing Teemo vs an Irelia in top earlier. Me and my jungle Noct tried to get first blood but ended up taking turret shots and I died at level 2. After that, I was down 2 levels and the lane remained pushed until Irelia turned level 7. She froze lane too well and I couldn't push it to reset. I died once more during this span trying to even cs or poke but the level advantage was too much. I had something around 35 cs by 12 minutes.

Is there any way to come back in this type of situation or is top lane simply like this in its current state? I normally win Teemo vs Irelia matchups since so much of her damage is through autoattacks. I even brought exhaust but it didn't make a difference.

Maleric

11-14-2012

Get your jungler to gank and just sit back and play passively at your tower. You're ranged and she's not, so you can sit at your tower, farm, and harass. Get your jungler to gank her. She'll be pushed, which is basically a free invite to a gank.

EasymodeX

11-14-2012

Have your jungle gank without dying this time.

Note: you don't need to actually kill Irelia when ganking. Just rip off a good chunk of HP to even the lane disparity until she backs to the fountain (which would also help even the lane disparity).

WCDireWolf

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Just be passive, try to not feed the Irelia, and hope your jungler can force her off.

Zombiemaster

11-14-2012

If the enemy freezes the lane and can kill you if you try to cs, you have to roam around and try to farm the jungle or try to gank mid lane, but this may leave you a little further underleveled depending on how you do. Or you can just sit there and get Exp but no cs, that way you won't fall further behind in levels. If your lane opponent freezes the lane that well, there is really nothing else you can do.

JJI744

11-14-2012

One of the issues with top lane is how hard it can snowball from an early advantage. At the moment if your behind and your opponent can freeze the lane, your in for a quite a lot of trouble. Let your jungler know that you need help as soon as the lane pushes out and try to get as much CS as you can while avoiding taking any heavy damage.

The mastery rework is supposedly removing the minion damage reduction masteries, so freezing the lane will be more difficult/costly in the future. Hopefully that helps reduce how hard the lane can snowball.