Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jujubee

07-21-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
When we're wrong, we're wrong.

Thanks for keeping us honest and in touch =)

What about another teenage/kid champ? Last one we had was Lux, I think.

Archetypes, monsters, sexy men and women are all cool but what I think we also need is more age variation.

The only "old" looking champ is Zilean and Corki (maybe Heimer?) and the young ones are Annie/Lux/Ezreal. (do Yordles count as kids?)

The rest are all adults.

Reaganomics

07-21-2012

Well since some reds are in here, or at least paying attention in this thread, I thought I would bring this up as it falls into this discussion about character design and archtypes.

Every so often someone mentions the idea of another child champion, someone like Annie but a bit more mature in nature. The best example, at least in design, that I can think of is Rachel Alucard from Blazblue (Yes I know she's a vampire and not human and thus older than she seems). But I like the idea of an elegant and more mature child champion, one who still is a child at heart though and is prone to temper tantrums and the like. /j anyone? Someone to really contrast Annie when it comes to the child archtype. When I heard there was going to be a fairy based champion I was actually hoping that we would get an Unseelie based child champion, though I am very happy with Lulu (She's one of my favorites).

I don't want to use the term "Tortured Childhood" but someone a bit... ya know, actually DARK. While I like Annie's design I can not play her, she is way too annoying for me. No offense meant to those who enjoy Annie, I get the appeal, but I just don't like her voice/quotes.

This sort of request might fall into the "niche" market that you mention... but I see a lot of requests for another child champion, and one that contrasts Annie would probably go over very well. However I wanted to get your opinion on this sort of concept being introduced into League of Legends. The "Mature" Child archtype, be they vampires or fae or alien or some other legendary/supernatural force, is pretty prevalant in the gaming/fantasy world and would probably fit very well into this game.

Thanks for your time and thanks for actually starting this thread.

Quote:
Jujubee:
What about another teenage/kid champ? Last one we had was Lux, I think.

Archetypes, monsters, sexy men and women are all cool but what I think we also need is more age variation.

The only "old" looking champ is Zilean and Corki (maybe Heimer?) and the young ones are Annie/Lux/Ezreal. (do Yordles count as kids?)

The rest are all adults.

The timing for my post to be shen'd could not have been ANY BETTER.

Edit2: Started a thread to discuss this topic. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2382856

kavinh the third

07-21-2012

Any chance we'll be getting another bird champion? I like anivia and all but she's kinda the opposite of a girl so slow and lazy. Maybe we can have one that's based around mobility and can fly through terrain like what birds normally should do?

0chaosknight0

07-21-2012

why dont we have a crab champion?

OmegaPhilosopher

Recruiter

07-21-2012

morello, just wanna say, you rock at communicating to people. There are alot of ridiculous people who would rather complain than think (that sounded more negative than i intended it to lol) but you always respond in a cool, collected, and intelligent way. Keep up the good work and gj to both you and the riot team.

Loveappless

07-21-2012

But... i WANT A CANDY CLOWN SHOOTING RAINBOWS. ):

Askhexplosive

07-21-2012

This is exactly what you said in the last monster thread though...

still, at least it's out there. Now give me another whacky male yordle champ to be bffs with.

perhaps something that doesn't attack at range. Poppy is the only melee yordle and that could change.

Soraichu

07-21-2012

I seriously did not know that Vlad was a human..

Fernanderp

07-21-2012

Vladimir? the vampire? A human?

read a comicbook for once, GEEK.

ICastShadows

07-21-2012

Can we talk Samurai's? You say everyone should have champ where they say, "this guy/girl is for me!"

We don't have a samurai. Like, if I saw a samurai champ... well....He/She'd "be for me"

We also need a tatoo'd something. Cause If i cant have samurai, I'm looking for tattooed man.

Seems theres a lot of asain culture in lol.....but no samurais.

Im am.....a sad panda