Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcceptedOutcast

07-20-2012

Morello, just popping in to say Keep up the good work! I am really excited to see what the future will bring. Just wondering what roles the up coming champs will fill? Are we looking at more tanks? Mages? Supports?

Pookrat

07-20-2012

Morello, are you discouraged by large wall of text posts when it comes to fan art champion concepts? This is assuming you visit that forum though.

Myself, I leave the page if it's too long without any particular formatting...

Bad Luck Braum

07-20-2012

Morello would League ever consider Creating A Beholder? It doesnt seem like a Monster of that level would be out of the question for League of Legends. Intelligent, powerful, Dark. Mysterious!

Struggler9996

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No. Whimsical is fine, but being a joke is not very appealing overall. Shaco is good.
So you agree that Brolaf is bad. Good...good...

ploki122

07-20-2012

Talking about variety and Morello...

You said that Zyra would be something you had never seen in any MOBA game... Honestly, I don't find how revolutionary she is (except if you mean the plant-woman)... What's the novelty about her? I meant her kit is pretty standard, a mix of any mage and Yorick with Kog'Maw's passive...

Maruset

07-20-2012

More monster please. As many as you can, +1!

RapZero

07-20-2012

Humans are humanoid. You seem to be misunderstanding that its not humans themselves that people are sick of. It's the same humanoid looking champion. Vlad, Zyra, Jayce, Draven, etc etc. All humanoid. Need more champions with Cho'gath or Kog'maw body types.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler9996 View Post
So you agree that Brolaf is bad. Good...good...
that is a skin not a full champion.

LightBae

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
As far as skin tones go (remember, we actually don't have ethnic backgrounds in our game at all), we have a variety from light to dark. Karma is pretty dark, Ezreal is pretty light.

I don't know - I'm working on a fantasy game from a world where alien monsters come from other dimensions and fight pyromanic children with demon bears. Skin tone is an aesthetic decision as far as I'm concerned.
This is both true and false. YES you don't acknowledge these ethnicities with your mouth, but the traces of these ethnicities are all over the game. Please don't pretend that that isn't true. We have characters with Asian, European, and fantasy inspired naming and costuming (among other things). That was not a fair answer either. Your characters also have varied facial structures, too. Black people need representation. We also have 0 African or pan African/Carribean representation.

Rebonack

07-20-2012

I just wanted to pop in and say the following:

I actually rather like that Riot has thus far avoided generic 'demon' critters as a concept. They don't seem to have any real place in League lore and frankly I think the vaguely Lovecraftian concept of the Void is far more interesting (<3 Koggles).

I'm glad to hear that a new Void champion is incoming. Keep up the good work!