Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

07-20-2012

Good post, Morello.

Though, on top of everything else, it would be nice to see more non-white human characters.

NamKim

07-20-2012

Quote:
A candy clown that shoots rainbows isnít a thematic match for our game because it walks a different line of serious/epic and humor/witty.
True, but it would make a great skin.

I demand someone make a "Candy Shaco Skin" thread.

Gorteks

07-20-2012

I'd love to see a champion based of Magnets/Static Electricity, maybe incorporating a +/- system into his abilities. Has there been any talk of a champion along these lines?

BelligerentGnu

07-20-2012

Morello, could you maybe give us a rough idea of relative champion player bases?

For example, take urgot and a medium-popularity champ - say Udyr. Is Udyr's player base 10 times bigger than Urgots? 2 times? 50 times?

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
13 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Morello, could you maybe give us a rough idea of relative champion player bases?

For example, take urgot and a medium-popularity champ - say Udyr. Is Udyr's player base 10 times bigger than Urgots? 2 times? 50 times?
Kog is medium, and he's 10+ Urgots.

Hakouden

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG Million View Post
So Morello, what is your stance on three-headed dog champs?
Only hell hound I'd like to see should look close to this beast of all hell beasts.

..and that's probably because I love ifrit D:

maniacbrainiac

07-20-2012

As long as Angus is created.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
14 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWilyStage View Post
So did i get this right? Let's say you create an incredible cool champion that happens to have a smaller fanbase, you will still release him?
It didn't sound like that the last time you said it >.<
Yes, smaller is fine (Lulu and Nautilus were this and we knew they would be), but minuscule is too far.

Dreggon

07-20-2012

You should make a champion that's just a ball with eyes and legs. It goes around kicking people.

Also, if you ever make a Beholder champion, you have to somehow include "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder."

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogz View Post
I'd love to see a champion based of Magnets/Static Electricity, maybe incorporating a +/- system into his abilities. Has there been any talk of a champion along these lines?
Oh yes this would be good.
Having powers like Magneto.

Pull champions in, push them out, throw stuff at champions, trap champions . . .

ooohh yeah!!