Do you feel ignored by Riot in regards to Skin Price Increases?

Yes 14 51.85%
No 13 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Re Skin Price Changes, the consensus is GD feels Ignored.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tomsa

04-16-2013

I've made a few threads trying to light a fire up GD's ass about the Skin Price changes. Like I said before, first there was outrage, now *crickets*.

The common response is, "Why QQ, Riot will just keep ignoring anyways".

So with that said, i'll include a poll to see if this consensus is accurate. Please vote, leave a comment, or do whatever you feel necessary to get Riot's attention and a response.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

It doesn't matter what Riot does at this point, it really doesn't, the community is gonna *****. Riot could likely send a basket of cookies to every one of their players and the community would whine there aren't enough, or they aren't the type they want or whatever, so who cares?

Voidgolem

04-16-2013

my opinion is I already own most of the skins that are increasing in price and therefore I don't care.

Hypnoziz

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
It doesn't matter what Riot does at this point, it really doesn't, the community is gonna *****. Riot could likely send a basket of cookies to every one of their players and the community would whine there aren't enough, or they aren't the type they want or whatever, so who cares?
They aren't "giving" us anything. What are you even talking about?

JunkRamen

04-16-2013

Balance changes happen, Lux and Akali players say GD isn't ignored enough.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
No gluten free cookies?

Why didn't we get cookies in February?

Riot should have asked us each what kind of cookies we wanted and sent custom packages.

In my last basket of cookies, the chocolate chip cookies averaged 7.5 chips per cookie. My latest basket only had 6.8 chips per cookie. Was this stealth nerf intended?

Jamaree

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoziz View Post
They aren't "giving" us anything. What are you even talking about?
79 skins getting a price drop.

Theungry

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsa View Post
I've made a few threads trying to light a fire up GD's ass about the Skin Price changes. Like I said before, first there was outrage, now *crickets*.
If you have to work that hard to get people mad about something... maybe you should read the writing on the wall?

SlightlySuicidal

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsa View Post

The common response is, "Why QQ, Riot will just keep ignoring anyways".

So with that said, i'll include a poll to see if this consensus is accurate. Please vote, leave a comment, or do whatever you feel necessary to get Riot's attention and a response.
you mean the net decreases?

yes, im in favor of mass skin cost decreases in exchange for a couple price increases. im not being ignored then.

what a stupid poll question

DenareDragon

04-16-2013

They're going to go through with this no matter how loud the opposition gets.

What concerns me is that no one has said anything concrete about what makes a skin worth 1350 compared to 975. And probably for a reason. The last messenger to say anything about it barely got away with his head not on a pike.

What I took from it was, it was a case of some skins versus some skins.
Some of the skins getting an increase have particles on one ability, or are difficult to make out. But their price is increasing.
Some other skins do have much more visible particles and sounds, and their price is increasing to the same value as the ones where the effects are much harder to make out.
This makes it difficult to digest the idea of future skins having a price based on arbitrary reasons. This is compounded by the fact that we were previously told that the new price point wasn't a permanent thing. It's tough for us to believe you won't just price things however someone feels at the time, rather than what it's really worth.

What I'm saying is, some information and clarification on what makes a skin worth more than another would be nice. It would go a long way to showing us the new value system in the new pricing scheme.

The price lowering defense doesn't hold water, either. It's not a sale, it's a pricing restructure. They no longer believe some of the older skins should have been worth the price they were set to. These price points below 975 will not see any additional skins added here. So this is not a sale price, or a price reduction. It's just their way of softening the blow of the new price points that were previously not going to be permanent. When the 1350 price first hit, there were threads warning not to buy skins at the extra price because they would do this, with the evidence that people would accept it, because they are buying at that price point. And now it has become true.

And sure "It's a free game you don't have to buy anything" If that were the case, league would not have lasted three years. Clearly people have been buying these non essential items that no one has to buy in this free to play game.

The issue people have the most trouble with is raising the price of already completed skins seeing an increase. And for good reason. This is just hubris, and nothing more "I worked hard on that" which I guess is fair. You can tell a lot of work goes into these skins we've been seeing lately. This however, does not mean you can raise the price, because ego. Adding the creator's sentimental value shouldn't raise the price. These items will not devalue due to the fact that they're digital. If a million players bought the same skin, the quality of the skin remains the same.

The only way a skin's value increases is if they no longer sell it. Which makes absolutely no sense for Riot. Riot gets none of that extra value money anyway. The value of a skin is perceived by whomever is willing to pay for the code to get the skin. Anyone who happens to be selling it gets that profit, not Riot.

tl;dr: They're doing this whether we like it or not. The only thing any company will truly listen to is the sound a wallet does or does not make.