Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why does Riot hate Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pilige

07-20-2012

I build him semi tanky too, i only pull out critplank n a lost cause game. He as just become frustrating to play as. Sitting back and farming all day is boring as hell, and the only champ it really feels rewarding on is Nasus. Every nerf/buff to GP feels like Riot trying to shove him into a role he is poorly designed for. He has the endgame stats of a carry, with even lower armor and health than Master Yi, his CC is weak at best, and in the end he is still luck based. I love him to death and love playing him, but I guess I'm just frustrated wheres he's at because everyone does his job better.

The Butt Doctor

07-20-2012

Quote:
iSe7eNz:
You know there's something wrong when a top laner starts Meki Pendant.

You don't really need 3 potions and boots when you have infinite mana to eat an endless supply of lemons and farm with your bonus gold-giving, mana returning gun.

Just stay near your turret and parrrley away. You will literally not be stopped unless they organize a 3 man gank, but if they could arrange that, it means your team is suffering in other parts of the map and it's not really your fault anyways.

SaveTheMaids

07-20-2012

Quote:
The FireWater:
They dont' hate GP. They hate Oranges.

Since he's the only one who has them, they nerf him. duh.

I personally think Irelia's passive is way more potent than GP's citrus... though she's been nerfed a lot as well.

Trundle's CC reduction is also pretty legit.
If he ever gets a buff (aka late game scaling), people will definitely complain about his Contaminate.

SaveTheMaids

07-20-2012

Quote:
The Butt Doctor:
You don't really need 3 potions and boots when you have infinite mana to eat an endless supply of lemons and farm with your bonus gold-giving, mana returning gun.

Just stay near your turret and parrrley away. You will literally not be stopped unless they organize a 3 man gank, but if they could arrange that, it means your team is suffering in other parts of the map and it's not really your fault anyways.

Even maxing oranges, GP does have trouble against some champs.
Mainly the manaless champions give him a rough way to go.
Champions that scale harder can put GP at a disadvantage as well.

Vlad, Rumble, Lee Sin, Shen, Kennen
They can both harass and outpush him.
They also never have to leave the lane and are difficult to gank.
Nasus, Poppy, Irelia, Jax, Shyvana
Forcing a farm lane against these champs is dangerous... since they outscale GP and snowball incredibly hard once they get their core.
Not a good idea to pick GP against these 5... even more so than Vlad & co.

I rarely see Tryn up top these days, but forcing a farm lane against him isn't ideal either.

BanditManSteve

07-21-2012

Quote:
Murdalizer1:
I don't think he was asking for a refund?

woosshhh

Ilnor

07-21-2012

tl;dr
wall of text no bueno

Monkeymaner

Recruiter

07-21-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAH1FMfaEhI&feature=BFa&list=FL23ilF_Mm0vceb3x9jZSIqg
thats what I have to say about this whole topic