Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AureliaLights

07-21-2012

Wow people are being really rude. I'm excited for Zyra, yes Riot should be frank with us as to why she isn't out yet but you don't have to be *******s about it.

I, for one, am very interested in hearing about her development and the ideas that were rejected or modified. Its good to know more about the process behind the creation of a champ. You people saying "no one cares!" or "Riot is just buying time" are being childish. You claim Riot is money grubbing but they're a business, if they can get more people to buy her using this tactic they have every right to do so and you calling them out on it only to demand the product faster only justifies their actions.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but this is a valid marketing strategy, get used to it. :/

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

so what made you decided to give her a ****ty passive that is a complete copy of another champion's passive that is also not very good?

Axethor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Riot. Says good Zyra players will place seeds early and strategically, then makes the seed life span 30sec so you have little to no time to use them that way. -_-

N3Hellfire

07-21-2012

Please for the love of god!!!! I just want to buy Zyra. I bought points the second I found out about her.

Esarius

07-21-2012

What I read here: She's a lot like what Karma was suppose to be. We just hope we got it right this time.

DEHTRO

07-21-2012

I've always wondered how much time and thought was dedicated to our beloved champs. Zyra sounds very exciting to play. This has been very insightful. Thanks.

Emasterer

07-21-2012

OMG i cant wait to use zyra..want to think strategic about her plants, seeds etc etc...***release her now!
;c

Axl Yin

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The seed interactions are brand new. You can't "hatch" things out of placables in another MOBA, and you certainly can't choose which spell hatches which plant minion.

You may or may not like Zyra, but she is new and fresh, objectively.
I do have 1 small balance complaint about Zyra, and that comes with her E plant. Albeit early game it's fantastic... it kind of falls off when you can make the Q plant slow with Rylai's. Which is already a staple amongst most casters. I think the slow from the E should be like.. a 1 time thing when it's summoned, and be a HUGE slow, like nasus'.

poÍlle a frire

07-21-2012

just relase her, i'm tired of waiting, once uppon a time riot was making new heros every 2 weeks, do it again plz.

Bradley dragon

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esarius View Post
What I read here: She's a lot like what Karma was suppose to be. We just hope we got it right this time.
lol ever actually played karma? her R E Q combo makes people run in fear. she has one of the best shields in the game. and its her highest ratio. shes more of a hybrid carry support cause she helps out by bursting don healing and shielding. i love tethering an enemy and letting my team mates bring them down. cause they get boosted while the target is slowed.

oh forgot to mention that she deals her best dmg with 40 magic pen. otherwise she is sub par. but that 40 magic pen makes her dangerous due to the 80 dmg they take extra XD