Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkestSuccuboss

07-21-2012

I think the two developers did an awesome job because even though some people say Zyra looks like Poison Ivy she really doesn't the only similarity is that their powers stem from plants. But still, Zyra does look unique aside from that and their hard work really shows because she does look dandy not only in powers but the looks and colors they applied along with the background story makes Zyra all the more unique!

siwicken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Can not wait to play "Plant Girl."

Crunchez

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arruke View Post
I haven't been excited for a champion since Riven was released, I can say that has finally changed as I've been waiting for a Plant Sorcerer for a longgggg time. I love you Riot, you always amaze me.
exactly the same... last time i have been REALLY waiting for a champ was Riven (and I STILL main her.. Riven <3<3<3 ).. got the same feeling for zyra.. unless her plants dosent attack YOUR target.. Which would really make me sad :S

Kintøki Douji

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The seed interactions are brand new. You can't "hatch" things out of placables in another MOBA, and you certainly can't choose which spell hatches which plant minion.

You may or may not like Zyra, but she is new and fresh, objectively.
But in DotA doesn't broodmother have that ability to turn enemies into hatchlings? isn't that kind of the same?

NewbSkills

Recruiter

07-21-2012

Nobody cares about this Riot, stop milking off of this champ and just release her already.

Black Ice 003

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbSkills View Post
Nobody cares about this Riot, stop milking off of this champ and just release her already.
Same here, when the hell is she going to be released? Whole heap of people goin' on about her on PBE, it's frustrating

srsizzy

07-21-2012

There are HUGE over-exaggerations here. You cannot create obstacle courses of plants and seeds. The seeds explode on being touch, and the most plants you're gonna have is 2-3.

There are optimal ways to play her, she really isn't that diverse. What Riot is doing incidentally lately is creating a bunch of champions centered around mini-games in their kits. This gives the illusion of being more complex/diverse, but in reality it's just an effective champion with extra hoops to jump through to reach the optimum skill ceiling.

No insults meant, but I feel like there shouldn't be the statement that she's THAT diverse of a mage.

EllieEnchanted

07-21-2012

a mid who cant go toe to toe with other ap mids? they actually said that, some people will play her for fun but shes not going to be a tier one champ used in ranked games, thanks riot!

KingSnafu

07-21-2012

ive played her alot on PBE shes just gonna be another never played nobody char like the new eves and twitch are still gonna be. Just another "lets go screw around with chars we never play in normal" due to her having very lil survivability, low burst dmg, an ult thats only good if you use it on 2 plants, shes very easily countered with a garen or soraka, or anyone with a stun or silence. Riots fear of making an overpowered character that will be to good in tournaments is making em ruin the experience of the players they get all of there money from.

Phourc

07-21-2012

The teasers! D:

Release her already, haha.