Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Chiki

07-21-2012

Morgana! Morgana that Morgana!

xFeelSoGoodxLoL

07-21-2012

she`s pretty

RagingDonger

07-21-2012

Not even gonna lie, 'Johnny' is pleased!

eLeMeF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The seed interactions are brand new. You can't "hatch" things out of placables in another MOBA, and you certainly can't choose which spell hatches which plant minion.

You may or may not like Zyra, but she is new and fresh, objectively.
When laning against Zyra, I would almost always try to step on her seeds that she has planted. They will only reveal me for a few seconds, and nothing else.

Do you think some damage or another debuff should be applied when stepping on the seeds? Doesn't that make her spawns a bit easy to counter? If no, why not?

UglyIRL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

So this is not a button mashing champ

ThatOneGuyu

07-21-2012

I can not wait for this champion, the play style seems so new, Zyra is definitely going to add new twist to the game. Im buying her the very moment she is available, I can't wait to see her alt costumes! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeMeF View Post
When laning against Zyra, I would almost always try to step on her seeds that she has planted. They will only reveal me for a few seconds, and nothing else.

Do you think some damage or another debuff should be applied when stepping on the seeds? Doesn't that make her spawns a bit easy to counter? If no, why not?
^this sounds awesome, that would make total sense. Stepping on the seeds seems like it might be a little to easy to quickly end a an idea "planted" (see what I did there) by Zyra players. Maybe having something like a Slow debuff after stepping on a seed or like a mild poison dealing 2% of max health per second for 2 seconds or something. Just so that players can't go out nuking seeds during the lane battle.

vane

07-21-2012

so, when does he release?

ThatOneGuyu

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Darena View Post
Maybe I'm just being a little too jealous or seeing a trend that's not there but... only TWO seeds? Why not three, or four?

So far the only champ who seems to have an almost unlimited number of place-able items is Teemo, who can pepper a battlefield with tons of mushrooms. I don't think Zyra should be able to do the same, but she should be able to place more than two seeds, I think. You guys even scaled back Heimer so he could only have two turrets up at a time, and it seems odd that you keep coming back to this number for all of your champs except Teemo.

Perhaps she could only "awaken" two of them at a time, but she should be allowed to place more than 2, so she can really work her options to use them to guard or attack. At the least, the plant aspect of her character is such that producing only 2 seeds seems unreal... though I guess it *would* explain the fact that her kind has almost completely died out.
Idk, maybe I took it the wrong way but the way I read the article is she can only stack 2 seeds to cast, but it doesnt specify how many can be in the field at once. Perhaps they stack back up over time and you can cast out 2 more? Thats how I took it, I figured that might be way OP so im probably wrong haha, but yea, if the limit is only 2 I def think it should get bumped up to at least 3.

Eletale

07-21-2012

Do you remember how many champions were nerfed for doing too much or for being played in ways Riot did not envision the champion in? And now they're glorifying that she can play several ways depending on the player's vision?

Morello, if you're going to use Lulu as an example of champions who can survive in different lanes, at least remember when you guys nerfed her so she'd stop doing that.

zombielegit

07-21-2012

i just hope shes not op like darius, love her though going to buy her!