Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stzabone

07-20-2012

TLDR:

Our developers suck, we have had over a year to work on her and this is what we came up with, a stolen character.

Awesome.

Release Bane singed and Poison Ivy, real original Riot, You were just waiting to release to to capitalize on the Dark knight rises movie before you released her, derp. Anyone who didn't see this is ignorant or disabled.

This has been a P.S.A. From people who can put 2+2 Together

MiMi luvluv

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
I read all these and upvoted them, but I didn't even read the main post in this thread. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibrownie View Post
Those posts were pretty insightful.
ty ty

RabidRabbit

07-20-2012

Zyra pls

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile View Post
Worst Champion Ever. Plants target the wrong things, you don't do enough burst to win lane so you become more of a support AP instead of an AP carry. Your Ulti is worthless because unlike Nunu's which slows people to make sure they get damaged, yours does not. Basically you get the damage but never the knock up cause everyone either flashes or walks away. The Seeds don't last long enough to work as wards and again the plants suck cause they never attack the right targets. Basically to land your Q because it takes a moment to react like Cho'Gath's you need to hit E first. So in a nut shell, she is in my opinion not useful at all.
it's called smartcasting you ****ing dumbasss you need to turn that on to be effective with more than half the ap champions, her burst my not be enough to you because

let me guess your casting process
1. you press w
2. you don't have smartcast on so you spend time deciding and clicking where you want the seed
3. Your brain is so small and dumb it overheats because pressing a button is so hard for you; and you start drooling massively for no apparent reason
4. opponnent's see seed and think lol fail zyra *walks away from seed*
5. you press q or E
6. you click where you want your q or E at this moment the opponent is already really far away from the seed or just gap closed you surrounding the seed
7 opponent laughs as a maniac
8. you get bursted down the moment the plant is growing

now for the correct way of things
1: turn smartcast on for everything
2: cast spell aiming at oppoent
3 cast seed while spell is still on map (before its full effect)
4. repeat 2 and 3 with the spell you haven't casted yet, that is not your ultimate
5. Cast ultimate, the vine lasher already did a good job on SLOWING them
6. Laugh at this point your opponent should already be bursted?

see? the second option is cleaner and more effective and doesn't rot your brain although for your particular case i'd just have a brain freezing machine just to be sure..

Kemando

07-20-2012

I really like these posts, about the art, the concepts the design and all that, it really peaks my interest, mainly because I'm an aspiring video game developer currently attending school for graphic and video game design... I'd love to apply at Riot one day. But yeah, keep up the great work, and I love these informative posts!

PyramidHeadKirby

07-20-2012

Stop making up bull**** fillers, release her already!!!! Vore Lore ftw.

KawaiiKitty

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
it's called smartcasting you ****ing dumbasss you need to turn that on to be effective with more than half the ap champions, her burst my not be enough to you because

1. you press w
2. you don't have smartcast on so you spend time deciding and clicking where you want the seed
3. Your brain is so small and dumb it overheats because pressing a button is so hard for you; and you start drooling massively for no apparent reason
4. opponnent's see seed and think lol fail zyra *walks away from seed*
5. you press q or E
6. you click where you want your q or E at this moment the opponent is already really far away from the seed or just gap closed you surrounding the seed
7 opponent laughs as a maniac
8. you get bursted down the moment the plant is growing

now for the correct way of things
1: turn smartcast on for everything
2: cast spell aiming at oppoent
3 cast seed while spell is still on map (before its full effect)
4. repeat 2 and 3 with the spell you haven't casted yet, that is not your ultimate
5. Cast ultimate, the vine lasher already did a good job on SLOWING them
6. Laugh at this point your opponent should already be bursted?

see? the second option is cleaner and more effective and doesn't rot your brain although for your particular case i'd just have a brain freezing machine just to be sure..
So much anger in this post. Lol. Though I still have to agree with him. Being two steps ahead of your opponent can really help, just as if you're playing Ezreal, Lux, or anyone that uses skillshots. Zyra, however, sounds like she may need more planning while you use her.

Asuul

07-20-2012

Germinating.

Did you really just use the word germinating to describe development of a plant based champ?

I approve.

Kemando

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post

1. you press w
W is automatically smart casted

Vanity Flare

07-20-2012

K this info is not interesting. Riot is turning into Bleach FILLER FILLER FILLER! Enough of the lame explanations on how you ripped off poison ivy. Just release her already.