Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy as Fizz View Post
What happens when a stealthed champion steps on a seed?
Viable question.

cheifbob6

07-20-2012

anybody know for sure if she will be in the next patch or the one after, i'm thinking this one coming up but i just wanted to know if anybody heard any definitive stuff

AntiSkillshot

07-20-2012

You guys are just paying your time by putting things out like this... aren't you...

Zyra, just like Leona when she was released, is taunting everyone that wants her by being in the list but not being buyable.

jarrettbefierce

07-20-2012

tl;dr

Rawr88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

feels like she should've been the hundredth champ instead of jayce...

Dr Horrible

07-20-2012

You could do a League Judgement for her too if you want. I am sure most people wont mind. *wink* Please bring back League Judgements and lore *wink*.

Unibrownie

07-20-2012

Those posts were pretty insightful.

Arcane Azmadi

07-20-2012

So when will she be coming out?!

Eat Orange Be K

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Morello: It was archetype first and then whichever role would make sense for that archetype. For a more open champion like Zyra, I expect that we’re going to see some crazier stuff. Unexpected bottom support Zyra might turn out to be incredibly powerful. Jungle Zyra might turn out to be the greatest counter-jungler because of her seeds. She’s so open-ended, since she doesn’t bring the same guns to the fight like other AP champions. She’s not going to go toe-to-toe with other pure APs – she needs to use her abilities and combos to dish it out. Her play is important.
I was stoked for Zyra, but this kind of concerns me. I've seen this go both ways, where they either aren't tuned enough to actually fill the multiple roles intended (See: Leona and how she's outclassed both in top and jungle, which were initial options for her, and relegated to being stuck as support), and some that are overtuned and not only fill many roles well, but one or two *too* well (Such as pre-nerf Nidalee or Gangplank, who could overdominate their areas and still have a ton of utility).

Not saying the broad focus is bad, but I know from seeing it in action that it's extremely hard to balance, I'm hopeful that it can be pulled off with Zyra, but we'll have to see.

also;

Quote:
Morello: Orianna, *snip* more open-ended and can live in multiple places in the game
We're really going to have to have a talk, Morello about your analogies.
Fitting nowhere != open-ended.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I read all these and upvoted them, but I didn't even read the main post in this thread. XD