Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Experiment -- Players will now receive details about their Tribunal cases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow HunterOO

07-20-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Hey Summoners,

Team Player Behavior & Justice (PB&J) would like to introduce a new experimental feature – the Reform Card.

From research on the psychology of learning, we know that the effectiveness of learning depends on variables such as the speed and clarity of the feedback loop. This feature addresses the clarity of feedback by providing users with a case file that gives additional details about why they were punished by the Tribunal. This feature will trickle out to users over the next week or two, so some bans may still receive a regular e-mail until we fully convert to the new system. Because it is new tech, we cannot retroactively give players Reform Cards! Attached below is a sample of the kind of details players will be able to see in the case file.

Players will be e-mailed a web URL that links to their Reform Cards and is shareable with the community; we want to encourage community discussion around behavior, however, web URLs do expire after a few weeks.

I’d also like to take this time to introduce two members of Team PB&J that worked on this feature: RiotNinjaTabby (Developer) and VonBurgermeister (UX Designer)! Please give them your feedback so we can continue experimenting with this feature.

Finally, please check out the Tribunal today [http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/] and cast a vote! We are doing our part to empower the players; we challenge the players to improve the community.

WARNING ::: The Reform Card below may have vulgar language.

Not to sound picky or anything, but I think the old Tribunal page was allot better to look at, this one kinda looks like something in Microsoft paint.

Just being honest, its your decision on what it looks like, not ours.

Saiphe

07-20-2012

This is great. I really do hope that this will help people to pinpoint exactly what behaviors they need to work on.
It may be a bit early but, could we hope to see this go out to every player that is reported, regardless of whether it results in a punishment or not? I would just like to see how often I got reported just to see what people don't like about me. xDDD

Capwncrunch

07-20-2012

It didn't BEFORE?

Catreina

07-20-2012

About.

Time.

The prior method was akin to "You are under arrest - we are not telling you why you are under arrest, you should know already" - and I stated as much in a very heated debate with Riot before they told me "you have no right to know, we are not the US justice system"

Yoshihito

07-20-2012

I like how people are saying this is an awesome change when this is something that should have been included from the very start. People have a right to know why they are in trouble, keeping them in the dark was never a good thing. Riot still has a long way to go before they do better though.

And can we make the US server only US? I really do not like playing with people from other countries. Not that I'm racist or anything, I just don't want to have to deal with the communications barrier or the ever so often premade teams talking trash about you behind your back in another language. I make not speak espanol fluently but more often than not I can determine what they are saying because I at least know what the curse words are...

IM Beyotaur

07-20-2012

This is great!

Barack Pajamas

07-20-2012

Can we request cards for prior bannings?

T8te

07-20-2012

Quote:
RiotNinjaTabby:
Can you think of some cases where this information would have helped you make a better judgement?

I've had several cases where one person is reported by people on the enemy team for offensive language toward one of their players. Seeing the enemy's stats helps me get an idea of how they were doing in game.

Yoshihito

07-20-2012

Quote:
Catreina:
About.

Time.

The prior method was akin to "You are under arrest - we are not telling you why you are under arrest, you should know already" - and I stated as much in a very heated debate with Riot before they told me "you have no right to know, we are not the US justice system"

Honestly I think digital media should be subject to the same laws as in real life. I don't like that they 'own' my account. I don't like that they can punish however they want. I understand them having that power but it's been abused in the past as you have seen.

If you buy a car (paid in full not on a lease or anything) can they just take it away from you? No, it's your property. Same with anything else you buy, you have certain rights to your property. I know this is a free game, but as soon as you spend money it isn't free (for you) anymore.

Shiister

07-20-2012

Please do this.