Is top lane or bottom better for a 2v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Sturm

09-07-2010

I've always thought for the longest time that the second solo lane should be the bottom lane because it's easier to see up the river (and, hence, tell if you're about to be ganked), but I've been seeing lots of comments about how the solo should typically take top lane.

So which lane should be the solo lane? I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise, but I've always gone bottom when I had to 2v1.

Torlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

Solo should take top so the 2 at the bottom can get/defend dragon.

IdcBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-07-2010

I like bot if blue, top if purp. Just so you can kinda kite the creeps if you have to in to the side lane into your jungle.

WoodenPerfection

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlen View Post
That's pretty much what I've understood this to be the reason. Also wonder if it has anything to do with the position of the golem near the river.

NotASmurfMan

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPerfection View Post
That's pretty much what I've understood this to be the reason. Also wonder if it has anything to do with the position of the golem near the river.
The jungle creeps are inverted on the other side of the map so no ...

The reason is exclusively due to dragon, which is very important to deny the enemy team from getting at the very least. 2 + dragons unchecked and good luck coming back in a close game.

Lord Sturm

09-07-2010

Ok, that all makes sense. Thank you for the timely replies.

I think dragon awareness is a part of my game that could really use more work (and in my premades as well), so I'll start using top lane for my solo lanes from now on.

Cithsirion

09-08-2010

I always try to convince my team to put two champs bottom that are capable of nabbing dragon as early as possible, but these ideas seem to go right through people's heads...

Stexe

Adjudicator

09-08-2010

Wrong question. The CORRECT question should be "is Golem lane or Lizard lane better for a 2v1?"

And I think Golem lane is better for the solo since it is easier to ward and stop ganks, but that's just my opinion.

sweatersDC

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlen View Post
This is the one and only reason. Dragon will start happening as early as 5-6 minutes in (potentially even earlier) so you want to have 'soldiers' nearby when it goes down.

yourthevoiceyo

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotASmurfMan View Post
The jungle creeps are inverted on the other side of the map so no ...

The reason is exclusively due to dragon, which is very important to deny the enemy team from getting at the very least. 2 + dragons unchecked and good luck coming back in a close game.
Solo lane needs golem, has to walk into the enemy jungle for it if he's top.

But yes the 2 people at bot is best for dragon denying and getting.