Ping spikes

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sciyth

07-20-2012

Hi,

before anyone says read the stickies, I did that.

Issue: sometimes in game i get large ping spikes. sometimes they last a few seconds, other times it happens on and off for a few minutes. My normal ping is 96-110 on NA and 110-126 on EUW. when i get a ping spike it goes up to 280-595 and my fps tanks.

so far i've seen no correlation between this and anything else. It seems completely random.

I heard a while back that sometimes firewalls can do this and i made sure League was allowed. Is there something I missed? Is there something i can do to prevent this or is this one of those things I'll just have to deal keep dealing with.

btw this has been going on for since March but recently it seems to happen more often.

thank you for your help. If you need more information just ask

HeroicCookie

07-20-2012

I have same problem but it only started about a week ago.

sciyth

07-20-2012

bump

sciyth

07-21-2012

and another one

Liquid904

07-21-2012

have this problem for the past week out of nowhere.

I Play Lux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

I used to have this problem, if I remember correctly, it was not on Riot's side, despite me being sure it wasn't my fault (since nothing else seemed to lag). I don't fully remember, but I think it turned out that once I got over 120 ping (I usually had about 50), the game would lag more than usual. Dunno why, and this answer probably wasn't helpful, but it's a weird issue.

sciyth

07-21-2012

ping, as far as i understand it is essentially the response time between your comp and the game server.

if your ping is highish (yellow) things start to happen before you can actually see them. for example there is a tiny delay between where you tell your character to move and when actually see them start moving. this makes it harder to last hit, dodge skillshots and react in general. this gets harder as ping goes up.

having a ping of 120 isn't the problem. it's when it goes really high, like 300.

I'd also like to add some detail. when i say my fps tanks i don't mean it goes from 60 to 5. like in this thread

it goes from like 60 to 30-40 but everything is delayed a bit.

sciyth

07-22-2012

still waiting for a response

RenderDead

07-22-2012

I too have been getting this ping spike the past couple weeks, and its never happened before that. So I too have been wondering if its my end or Riots since all my internet connections have been updated and security allows League. I hope this is an issue that can be fixed.

Irishpwner

07-22-2012

I have been getting these ping spikes ever since the march patch i believe.. prior to that patch I didn't have lag problems. I have tested my LuL on three different internets (two being fios (aka the fastest internet on the market)). It has happened on all three of the internets, my ping usually floats at around 80-90, then randomly spikes to anywhere from 300-6000 ping. And no, 6000 is not an exaggeration unfortunately.. please help

12345 ... 8