Jungle Xin.. sucks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I enjoyed jungling Xin and even after his 500000 nerfs and release of OP champs like Skarner,Lee, Shyvana, etc. While he did suck badly, his jungle performance early on was quite solid.
He had the free 30 per 3 health sustain.
Charge had the gapcloser, damage, AND built in slow.
Q had the attack resetter and knockup, giving him strong level 2 ganks.
He got free passive attack speed, plus the turbo AS booster that ensured 2 quick uses of Charge and SpearPoke.

The new Xin is clearly better all around, but Im not sure how to jungle with him.

If you take Q (spear), it does slightly more damage than before due to 1.2 AD ratio, but you LOSE ALL SUSTAIN which hurts.

At level 2, you can take Charge for a level 2 gank, but once again, minus the sustain. The 15% armor pen is a terrible substitute for it, jungle-wise.
Or you can take the AS booster and get your sustain, but be unable to gank at 2.

OR,
you can start with AS booster and be slightly weaker than old xin, with 26 per 3 instead of 30/3 that increases with level automatically, and lacking your passive AS totally.

However this ensures no level 2 gank for you since you'd be missing both Charge AND knockup.

This seems like a pretty big hit to his jungling viability. Maybe hes just a top lane champ now.

XCodes

07-20-2012

Jungle him the same way you Jungle Alistar, IMO.

Eledhan

07-20-2012

Honestly, I feel as if Riot is trying to shift the game away from highly effective level 2 gankers who don't have to sacrifice anything in order to attempt the level 2 ganks. Xin was one of those monstrosities prior to his nerfs, and now, after the changes, they have made it so you have to CHOOSE which method you are going to use.

Riot expects you to have to decide whether you are going to attempt a level 2 gank or continue to level up in the jungle so you get your full kit on first gank, and only a few champions are capable of doing otherwise (Alistar, Nautilus, Riven). The reason they are so powerful is that they are not choosing between jungle clears and godlike level 2 ganks, they get both...

XCodes

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Honestly, I feel as if Riot is trying to shift the game away from highly effective level 2 gankers who don't have to sacrifice anything in order to attempt the level 2 ganks. Xin was one of those monstrosities prior to his nerfs, and now, after the changes, they have made it so you have to CHOOSE which method you are going to use.

Riot expects you to have to decide whether you are going to attempt a level 2 gank or continue to level up in the jungle so you get your full kit on first gank, and only a few champions are capable of doing otherwise (Alistar, Nautilus, Riven). The reason they are so powerful is that they are not choosing between jungle clears and godlike level 2 ganks, they get both...
Not a bad idea, honestly. I play support and I like to cheat as much as possible on my warding, which includes not dropping *any* wards until about 3:30-4:00 minutes (about when the Jungler is making their second trip to Wraiths and is about to hit level 4). If I went against a level 2 ganker, it basically sets me back 75 gold right off the bat since I have to cover my lane's ass from that much earlier.