A simple guide to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwwGasm

09-28-2010

Bump

RoflTroll

09-28-2010

Truly epic

Karathrow

09-28-2010

random notes/thoughts/questions/etc

-Dont put the ward super close to dragon as his attacks are aoe and if he is pointed towards your ward he will damage it even if hes not attacking it directly. He CAN kill your ward so be careful. Im not sure if this is applicable for other mobs or the TT dragon.

-Conversely if your ward is out of range and you suspect they may have a ward in said position by all means point dragon that way. (however if you suspect they see you doing dragon, it might not be a good idea to be there)

-Stealthers can put down wards without breaking stealth.

-Wards can be teleported to by the summoner spell and also by kat's shunpo.

-if you can keep a ward in the same relative location as you were originally planning but in a bush, do so. This ensures that if for some reason an enemy had an oracles they at least have to be in the bush to see it and wont as easily stumble upon it.

-I have no idea if anyones tested it but maybe you can use raise morale on your own wards? Normally I would find this pointless but if you have literally no other escape perhaps the move speed would save you..I can't say really.

-I saw a video once where someone (a TF player) was trying to gold card a recalling xin zhao (or someone I cant remember who) and it came up invlunerable. This was because xin or whoever was recalling on top of a ward. It got me to thinking if this could actually be used as a viable way to block things like skill shots or to get people to misclick if done sneakily enough. Somehow I doubt it, but something to think about nonetheless.

-Conversely to my last point, I'm not real clear on what wards are invulnerable to and what they aren't. It sounds like the thread creator was saying physical damage is the only thing that works. But I could swear I saw garen judgment hitting one even tho it was stealthed and he didnt know about it. Perhaps certain abilities can be used to fish for them if you suspect they are there?

sorry for rambling, hope this gets some discussion/ideas going.

Kiyoshi17

10-12-2010

how can u get those nice pic ? I heard that was only in China LoL

AwwGasm

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
random notes/thoughts/questions/etc

-I have no idea if anyones tested it but maybe you can use raise morale on your own wards? Normally I would find this pointless but if you have literally no other escape perhaps the move speed would save you..I can't say really.

-I saw a video once where someone (a TF player) was trying to gold card a recalling xin zhao (or someone I cant remember who) and it came up invlunerable. This was because xin or whoever was recalling on top of a ward. It got me to thinking if this could actually be used as a viable way to block things like skill shots or to get people to misclick if done sneakily enough. Somehow I doubt it, but something to think about nonetheless.

-Conversely to my last point, I'm not real clear on what wards are invulnerable to and what they aren't. It sounds like the thread creator was saying physical damage is the only thing that works. But I could swear I saw garen judgment hitting one even tho it was stealthed and he didnt know about it. Perhaps certain abilities can be used to fish for them if you suspect they are there?
Yes, you can use raise morale on a ward. This is usually done in teamfights where Gangplank isn't in range of a friendly creep, and killing a ward is the only way to allow the team to benefit from the skill (otherwise it's a self buff only)

I'm unsure of the TF gold card invulnerable situation, as far as I know this shouldn't happen at all.

Wards are not invulnerable, they are however immune to magic damage and only magic damage. Garens Judgement hits and damages wards because Judgement is Physical damage. Other abilities that can detect wards would be Sorakas starcall (the starcall button will appear castable even if there are no nearby enemies, this will mean there's a ward or a stealthed champ nearby, as well as Evelynns hatespike. They will do no damage however, just tells you there's something stealthed nearby.

I will note your points though, thanks

AwwGasm

VoiceOfUnreason

10-19-2010

How do ranked teams usually allocate responsibility for warding? Spread the hit over the entire team or pile it on champs who need less gear? Does the responsibility change over time?

AwwGasm

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfUnreason View Post
How do ranked teams usually allocate responsibility for warding? Spread the hit over the entire team or pile it on champs who need less gear? Does the responsibility change over time?
This usually depends on the team, but in LoL it's usually spread across the entire team. Supports and junglers (junglers because they are mobile and have no problem laying them) usually get it earlier (to ward dragon and lane bushes) however since they are less item dependant, though most of the team members will pick up a few wards now and then, it's rather different from DotAs concept of a 'ward *****' where the non item dependant champs buy it throughout the game as they don't scale, whereas we have AP scaling in LoL and that changes alot of things.

GhostDieM

11-02-2010

Nice practical guide for people that are steal learning about wards etc. One thing though, as of 2 patches ago Garen's Judgement actually doesn't damage wards any more once they are invisible (don't know if it does damage if he CAN see them) so you might want to use another example

AngryByte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2010

bumzorz