who counters fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrfsrChaos

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSylphxx View Post
Fizz is a high-mobility champion that counters heroes reliant on range or skillshots (anivia, xerath, lux, ziggs etc). It's not just his E, btw, his Q is just as bad for screwing up your skillshots - it dashes behind you and nukes you in the process.
Fizz is countered by anyone who can reduce that mobility (snares), or outright fight past it (targetted skills that can't be avoided). Ryze has both. He *wrecks* fizz.

Failing a counter, though, understand that fizz is a melee caster. This puts him in a box with Akali and katarina. No matter much fed fizz gets, there's a limit to what he can acheive. He can either instakill 1-2 or your team members, but die trying, or he can build tanky, and lack the damage to nuke properly late-game. That is, he's no Anivia/Karthus/Ahri, and no matter how badly he's beating you, just refusing to surrender can often make you overtake him when the match reaches 40 minutes+.
I agree completely, I play a lot of Fizz and I do find that there are some matches where things will be going really really well, but as the game wears on fizz just loses his effectiveness. Overall I'd say the biggest problem I have when playing fizz is the silencing. Kass is just a headache and a half to deal with. But other than that it's about playing smart, Fizz is an AP burst character, so he usually arrives late to the battle to pick off what he can, or he uses his ult to ambush those split from the group to start the fight. To get rid of Fizz, probably the worst thing you can do is try and run when the fighting starts, for some reason I find that big shark scares people away, which is great because his dash can close the distance and his DoT can finish the job. To get rid of him stay in the fray and force him to use his E to run not to chase.

00Gale00

12-19-2013

Not sure if just me, but ori counters fizz super well. Start with e and as soon as he dashes you, e yourself and spam q-> w combo , if he tries to run away, aa him all the way. THere is no way he can win trades.

Javvek

12-19-2013

In my experience, veigar with skill omnomnom's fiz soooooo bad haha. Fizz tries to burst me I just drop my W -> E on myself. Then QR and hes gone. Every. Single. Time. I have yet to lose to fizz with veigar as far as I can recall.

Fizz Main

12-19-2013

ANNIE, Annie and also Annie. If that doesn't work, try Annie. No seriously. Getting a favorable trade against a good Annie is near impossible. She holds that stun, and if you try anything like your w q to force a trade she stuns you in the face, drops her full combo and walks away. And she has insane attack range to harass you with. Fizz trades are very reliant on dodging high cd skillshots, then w Qing in, getting as much damage in as possible and then either eing for the kill, or walking away, saving your e for if the jungler ganks. If you're fizz and you get Annie, pray she's bad, ask for jungle tent mid or try and lane swap with top. And she's not a "survive till 6" matchup either. Oh no, tibbers puts your shark to shame in every way.

steamengine

12-19-2013

heimerdinger does well against fizz. fizz weakness is ranged dps

Peligrad

12-19-2013

Cho'Gath counters Fizz hard from my experience.

Cho's silence being an AoE, stops Fizz's pole gimmicks and allows Cho to land rupture on Fizz whenever Fizz tries to do anything to him.

The chain of silence+rupture is long enough where it stops playful tricker's damage from ever occuring as it resets after a short time.

On top of this, if Fizz goes in on Cho, Cho feasts on Fizz. And Feast will out trade Fizz and has a short enough CD to be used in trades without regaurd.

Cho stomps Fizz all day from what I've seen.