Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A simple guide to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cold Space

10-08-2010

Unless they have a wall jumper (trynd, nidalee) you dont have to see the dragon with your ward. If you place a bit farther back you get more sight on the river and can still cover the entrance to the dragons cave.
Same with baron but even more so since one jumper cant usually solo him.
Also if you want to expand the guide a little you could mention teleporting to your wards and good places for that..

IS1f1d52ece4eba8be33817

10-12-2010

bump

SoIoMlDsuperstar

10-14-2010

Bump from oblivion

ItzWarty

10-14-2010

This thread makes me feel like i should think much more when I place my wards. Many times I don't put them at the most "optimal" location [ie: that dragon ward]

AwwGasm

10-14-2010

Quote:
Cold Space:
Unless they have a wall jumper (trynd, nidalee) you dont have to see the dragon with your ward. If you place a bit farther back you get more sight on the river and can still cover the entrance to the dragons cave.
Same with baron but even more so since one jumper cant usually solo him.
Also if you want to expand the guide a little you could mention teleporting to your wards and good places for that..

You don't have to, indeed. However it's my personal preference to do so, being able to see dragons hp can allow you to strike at a time where you can steal it effectively (do remember to note if your opponents have smite) and gives you a better idea of when you should hit them (most effectively @ early game since junglers will be soloing it)

And I've noted teleportation thanks

AwwGasm

10-16-2010

Quote:
SunOfABeach:
why didnt you mention the 2 little bushes in the 2 crossroads ?

Hmm, I didn't cover them as they pretty much provide the same vision as long as you place them in the bush, but I can see them as an alternate spot for baron/dragon vision. I'll update them on the main post once magma chamber is out (i'll cover wards there too) since the current organisation of pictures is deviously tedious to update.

Ansre

10-16-2010

Quote:
AwwGasm:
I'll update them on the main post once magma chamber is out (i'll cover wards there too) since the current organisation of pictures is deviously tedious to update.
Thanks for all your hard work and effort.

Vhauj

10-16-2010

aw man i was hoping that not many people would know about kats shunpo ward.

Sinbu

10-16-2010

I believe this thread is helpful

DawnofDusk

10-16-2010

Don't think anyone counter wards anymore, that was too DotA