Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A simple guide to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwwGasm

09-07-2010

Quote:
Seaal:
Great job, you should include a baron ward spot as well though

Ah I did place a ward there but forgot to screenshot, it's somewhat just the opposite of dragon so shouldn't be that hard.

I'll take one just for clarity

Calbrenar

09-07-2010

One thing you may want to add is how ward priorities shift over time. For example your team is getting beat back, you no longer want to ward middle etc as you are mostly fighting out of your base. Important places to ward at that point are the jungle in between your lanes, specifically your red/blue buffs as your teammates will want to go into jungle to switch lanes or grab buff and get romped by other team.

Obviously you still want to try to ward baron if you can but realistically you have no chance of stopping a good team from getting baron late game when playing defensively. Especially when an inhibs down as they can see you fighting the monsters.

Conversely when you are hitting their base hard you want to start forgetting about warding things on your side and ward their jungle more. Catch their guys trying to sneak around behind you etc.

SlimePezza

09-07-2010

Absolutely great this should be a sticky

Rumuwi

09-07-2010

I might actually use wards now o.o, good job+1

ArcaniteReaper

09-07-2010

Genius article. One of the most useful post i've seen on here in a great while. You sir, deserve a sticky.
Also, you get a +1 for +1 bush vision.

Acerack

09-07-2010

appreciate the tips on the specific placement, i knew the general areas, but never knew how to best maximize them... you did this back in beta?

AwwGasm

09-07-2010

Hey guys I've updated with

-baron ward
-alternate Lizard ward
-several more possible ward locations

IamGrimm

09-07-2010

Sticky this :< this is a must read for every non-warduser.

castaway523

09-07-2010

You should have this added to the directory of guides on the strategy forum.

AwwGasm

09-07-2010

Quote:
castaway523:
You should have this added to the directory of guides on the strategy forum.

Ahh, I don't usually frequent other forums but done (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2782780#post2782780)

I'll update both (unless a red decides to move thread completely)