Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A simple guide to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tzelik

09-07-2012

Bumping for great.... uh.... wardage!

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

11-09-2012

I know this thread is old but, can it be stickied or moved somewhere?

Maybe in New Player Help?

Ender W1gg1n

04-23-2013

Quote:
Macabre13:
I tend to /facepalm when people ...have it stuck in their heads that they should always ward the river/dragon/baron.

Reviving a dead thread to comment (and agree) with this.

I'm in Bronze league, and main as support role. I occasionally get rage from people who wander off and die, and then blame their support for not warding.

Please allow me to vent for a moment:
* It's 14 minutes into the game.
* Enemy bottom lane adc and support spotted (via tri-bush ward and river ward) head into river.
* Enemy jungler walks past red-buff lizard spawn point (via jungle ward) and heads towards river.

Gee... where could they all be going?

There are at least 3 wards on the map that gave you PERFECT sight into the movement patterns of 3 of their champs. They all appear to be heading towards dragon. They all appear to be ready for a quick 3-man dragon takedown. A dragon kill would certainly be desirable for them, at this point in the game.

A reasonable teammate would say "They are at dragon", and wait for his team to converge before engaging a 3v3 against a weakened enemy team.

But no. You, the guy who was last pick order as the lowest ELO / MMR, the guy who immediately came into lobby and called Akali mid... you need to solo face-check the actual fog-of-war in front of the dragon pit. And you die. And your team can no longer defend dragon, because now it would be a 2v3 instead of a 3v3. And you blame your support for not warding dragon.

[sarcasm]That is clearly the support's fault. Because there is no other possible way to know if the enemy team is going after a dragon fight, unless there is a ward sticking out of the dragon's ars.e.[/sarcasm]

*sigh* Thanks for letting me vent. Back into queue for me.

xGhost XD demoNx

04-22-2014

Thanks for helping me with the wards AwwGasm.