Anyone have any Malphite tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApOKelypse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

Hey, I'm a Jax player. I used to play him frequently, but over the months his nerfs have been numerous, until he reached the point of not-viable (now). I'm wondering whether I should pick Malphite as my new main. Any tips?

GhostDieM

09-07-2010

You do know Malph is a tank and possibly a DPS/tank hybrid right? Jax is more of a tanky DPS, their playstyle's are totally different so might be a little something to think about.
Regarding tips for Malphite:

Carefully place your ult and wait for the enemy to group up.
1 vs 1 the R>E>W combo works pretty well, then auto-attack, use Q when they start running and E when you are close enough. If your ult is on CD use Q>E>W, auto-attack and then Q again when they run.
You are pretty much an anti DPS-melee who can overpower most of these champs early to mid game. A fed DPS late game will usually kill you 1 vs 1!
Going against AP bursters is a lot harder, building def for this will cost you damage output.
Like the MF Cho build (yes I know) try to scare your opponents early game by eating any enemy melee champ stupid enough to confront you and reap the psychological rewards later in the game

Cueballmac

09-07-2010

Play rock songs while playing Malphite because you are the ROCK. Thats what sets the mood for being an unstoppable force that Malphite is.

TANK
0/21/9 Smite(if jungling) Exhaust, Ghost.. Notables (Flash, Tele, Heal, Clarity)
Doran shield, health pot, Boots, Sunfire, Aegis, Mercthreads, Frozenheart, Omen, sell Dorans, and replace with either a Thornmail/Sunfire if there are alot of Dps or a GA/B.Veil if there are lots of mage.