Should there be three blades hovering over Riven during ult?

Yes 625 66.28%
No 318 33.72%
Voters: 943. You may not vote on this poll

BASP (Skills)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Blade Angel Sub Project
Welcome to my drawing board!
Original post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2365464
================================================== =================
I found it hard to trim my original post since there are SO many content. So this post shall serve as my drawing board and I will port the finished product in to the original post.

If you like this, like the original post! Thanks in advance!
================================================== =================

++++Skills++++
Here is the original RIOT games riven champion spotlight, it is here for us to examine the animations so we can add to this skin to make it awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ERvayBr3M

The ability details can be found from lol wiki
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Riven

The Art of War:
====Original Animation====
After each use of Riven's skills, Riven gets a charge of Art of War and the hand starts to have a green glow.

====Angelic Animation====
Instead of a green orb glowing from the palm, have glowing runes swirling around the sword holding wrist. Like the move "data drain" from .hack/sign (see 3rd attachment)

Broken Wings:
sword from left to right, then right to left, then from her back to the front with the sword slamming down, sending out a shock wave.

Maybe just recolor it to fit the angelic theme. However~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLotus View Post
I like wings..

maybe every time she Q's, there's a crescent shaped wing in the air as she slashes?
and her ult's white feathers instead of green waves
This is a great idea, maybe with each swing, there is an afterimage, forming a wing, or maybe each sword swing leaves trails of sparkles and feathers.

Ki Burst:
Riven points her sword up, the sword glows green and the green shock wave radiates from underneath her foot, stunning enemies.

There are quite a few ideas here.
A. She would stab the sword into the ground, where the sword and the ground has the golden/holy glow radiating out, stunning enemies.
B. Same as original animation but golden/holy glow

Valor:
dashes forward, then a shield surrounds her. The shield has a green glow and there are 4 triangular X shaped (with top and bottom of the intersection being filled triangles) runes.

notice her sword goes to the side and back as she charge forward.

Few ideas here as well
A. Instead of having the sword to go to the side, it may be better if she holds her sword across, holding it with two hands to initiate a "sword block" and dashes forward (attachment 4)
B. Instead of the sword going to the side, Riven would trust the sword forward, as if charging. (attachment 5)
C. Same animation, holy/golden glow

*NEW* Riven could have a small after image when she dashes. Symbolizing her speed.

Blade of the Exile:
Transformation:
Riven's left leg raises, sword reforms, gains a charge of Art of War. Skill animations are increased due to increased range, gains ability to use Wind Slash.

Wind Slash:
Riven does a slash from left to right with the extended sword, sending out three shock waves. The front of each branch of shock wave looks like a Batarang (see attachment 6)

Transformation:
Instead of raising leg, it would be cool if Riven raises her sword up (like such in attachment 7) and have the sword transform.
Another idea would be for Riven to whip the sword from front to back and have it extend in the process.

When Riven activates the ult, the sword should shine bright enough that the wings could sprout or "suddenly appear" under the guise of light and when the light fades the wings should be in position.

*NEW* When Riven points the sword up, an Angelic halo appears at the tip of the sword. The halo then falls from from the tip of the pointed blade to the ground, expanding in a cone shape to fit Riven. As the Halo falls, Riven is transformed.

^Inspired by this transformation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhVrNfg4nXc

Wind Slash:
This move reminds me of Inuyasha's Wind Scar too much. When releasing the ult, at times it feels that it lacks the POW! when R is pressed because it was a weak left to right swing. Upon impact of the ult, it lack POW! there as well.

For Angelic Riven, it would be nice if Riven does an over-head or over-the-shoulder swing that sends out the three shock waves.
As for the shock waves, it could be like Inuyasha's shock wave (Attachment 8).

Another idea for Riven's ult is to have it show up like geyser from under ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-0HffwCZ8

at 0:27, the fighter releases the move "Trinity Geyser". This would be a nice animation for Riven's ult.
Also, Instead of having energy emerging from under ground, it would be cool if three rows of Blades rise and fall from Riven to Riven's target, fanning out.

If wind slash kills target, there should be a ring of light shining over the dead enemy with feathers fall down from the top to the ground for a brief second.

Ramune

07-19-2012

Depending on how large her wings are, the 3 blades above her might look a bit cluttered. I'm also afraid that it might look similar to irelia's ultimate in that aspect.

Edit: I do like the image of a wing appearing on Q. I imagine something like Ragna's forward D move from blaz blue.

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

yeah, i am worried that the sword hovering would seem too similar to Irelia's

maybe the basic sword wave will do.

Lord Malpercio

08-04-2012

Idea: Have her spread her wings and unleash a blast of holy energy in front of her for the ulti.

Sasanian

08-23-2012

One thing during the ult, you could have the three blades come from her wings themselves, sort of like the X-Laws in Shaman King.

Pizza on a Bun

09-20-2012

yes plz..

DualAxes

09-25-2012

Riot please!! make a Paladin Leona skin.

ArcherGodBob

09-25-2012

My suggestion: Have her ultimate's wings turn into blades, and shoot those blades out,

Reference: Fate/Zero Phantasm Barrage

If possible, add FF13-2 reference.

Balducowns

10-26-2012

Her Q in the third hit can make angel feather come from the ground in a quick animation.

her shield of E can have some kind of sword in forms of crux to symbolize her shield as her faith.

Simon Lancaster

11-02-2013

I'd think that for Riven's ult, after she sends out Wind Slash, there should be a ghost image of the sword left. After images have been used a bit already, I think that this fits the theme as well as makes sense because it's weird having her sword whole after she just sent pieces of it flying.