The joys of ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

09-07-2010

To sum things up for anyone who doesn't quite understand:

Team of 3 physical ranged (squishy) carries, 1 hybrid, and a tank, vs. 4 tanky champions and an annoying mage. Opposing team was noobish as all hell.

EDIT: Attached image got scaled down. Click URL for same image, but more easily viewable.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...oLEPICFAIL.png

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-07-2010

Perhaps more humorous is the fact that at current trends, four of your players are common physical ranged carries.

I finally started playing ranked games to see what all this fuss about Elo hell was about. I got first pick and took up Morgana, who I know I can do fairly well with. My team proceeded to pick three more casters and Taric. The enemy team built MR and laughed at my 15 minute Zhonya's.

Nitrosol

09-07-2010

Yeah, everyone says "Pick a carry and carry yourself out of ELO Hell".
But that's impossible when your entire team picks carries and dies in one shot to the enemy mordekaiser that bought armor.

MLG Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrosol View Post
Yeah, everyone says "Pick a carry and carry yourself out of ELO Hell".
But that's impossible when your entire team picks carries and dies in one shot to the enemy mordekaiser that bought armor.
Play Amumu with the appropriate MR or armor items and laugh as the enemy team can't kill you. (And you ult them letting your terrible teammates do something before they feed)

SilasBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

So...I lost several ranked solo queues in a row b/c we had...

0/11 Corki, who was first pick...and picked Corki. /facepalm.
AD Veigar...that's right. Attack DAMAGE veigar. "DUDE, I can stun them then hit them!"

Then we had a Teemo on the other team feed on purpose b/c of a grudge with his Twitch...

I'm hoping that, eventually, I can get enough ACTUAL games to solidify a decent ELO and then have games be based upon merit...