So anybody remember the X-fire garen riot live broadcast thing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Cause I do.

And riot specifically said they were doing 2 things...

One, is looking into ways to work with burst dps because people do not enjoy dying even faster later in the game.

Two, shen was going to be the last tanky character for awhile because they feel they have that role pretty fulfilled currently. They were looking into releasing a lot more support champions.



Since then...every champion released has been a burst damage character, or a tanky/dps character.

Galio and Urgot is the closest thing to support thus far but aren't really filling the support role very strongly.


So I'm just curious...wtf mates?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grahalen

Senior Member

09-07-2010

cause janna doesnt support at all, no way /end sarcasm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadzin

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Burst DPS and Tanky DPS sell more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
Cause I do.

And riot specifically said they were doing 2 things...

One, is looking into ways to work with burst dps because people do not enjoy dying even faster later in the game.

Two, shen was going to be the last tanky character for awhile because they feel they have that role pretty fulfilled currently. They were looking into releasing a lot more support champions.



Since then...every champion released has been a burst damage character, or a tanky/dps character.

Galio and Urgot is the closest thing to support thus far but aren't really filling the support role very strongly.


So I'm just curious...wtf mates?
They had a change of heart and decided to release more and more champions that are tanky/burst dps.

I also remember when riot said they were going to release champions are "every price point eventually." I'm seeing now that "eventually" was the operative word here... And they also said that they price champions based on difficulty.... Remember when they said Garen was the melee Ashe? Hello 3150????????????? Lol... I really don't take anything Riot says seriously anymore.

I think the only thing they've actually made good on is when they said Season 1 would be released "soon."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldiontwo View Post
cause janna doesnt support at all, no way /end sarcasm
janna was released long before this live broadcast event. I'm confused at what you're trying to say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadzin

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
They had a change of heart and decided to release more and more champions that are tanky/burst dps.

I also remember when riot said they were going to release champions are "every price point eventually." I'm seeing now that "eventually" was the operative word here... And they also said that they price champions based on difficulty.... Remember when they said Garen was the melee Ashe? Hello 3150????????????? Lol... I really don't take anything Riot says seriously anymore.

I think the only thing they've actually made good on is when they said Season 1 would be released "soon."
You expected him to be 450?
Would you honestly like to see Garen in every game?... oh wait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
You expected him to be 450?
Would you honestly like to see Garen in every game?... oh wait.
They said this before he was released...and before the tanky metagame came about and decided garen was op.


One would assume that if he was 450 he wouldn't be half the champion he is currently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cooksta

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
You expected him to be 450?
Would you honestly like to see Garen in every game?... oh wait.
I fail to see your point as EVERY single ranked game I've played for the past month there's been a Garen played or banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neoteric

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksta View Post
I fail to see your point as EVERY single ranked game I've played for the past month there's been a Garen played or banned.
Sarcasm is not your friend.