Is Snowballing an issue? (feel free to elaborate)

No; It's a core game mechanic, or at least is not harmful 66 76.74%
Yes, it makes games a lot less fun than they could be. 20 23.26%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Snowballing - A Problem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shortzo

09-07-2010

Snowballing is when one team gains a decisive level/gold/strategic edge over another team, making it easier for them to kill the enemy team, thus making them even more powerful and the enemy team further disadvantaged.

I, personally, dislike it. It means that a large percentage of the time, the game's final outcome can be called within the first 15 minutes, because one player has gained such a decisive edge that they can mop the floor with the enemies. Without the snowball effect, the game would be a lot less one-sided, which would make it more enjoyable for most people (my opinion, i'm sure there are some people who can't enjoy the game unless they are utterly decimating the enemy team). However, i have not the faintest idea what a fair way of fixing it would be.

Do you guys think it's a problem? what would you suggest be done about it, if so?

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

So.... what would be the point of early game champions then? if you remove "early game snowballing"

Twigg

09-07-2010

Snowballing is inevitable

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

SO what you're saying is why even bother having a leveling and gold system in the game?

Just let us pick six items and our champion with max skills and duke it out?

I feel like you only understand the fighting aspect of the game and not the strategies involved in winning past simply killing the other team.

This is why it is important to attempt to zone your enemy, to keep him from getting gold and if you can push him back far enough, exp too.
KD ratios are not the only thing the game is about.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

09-07-2010

nah, snow ball items are too risky IMO whether you do get 10 stacks in 20min, or not..Because if you make one mistake, or the enemy out plays you. you can get shutdown big time.

Irelia Hate Puns

09-07-2010

Even if you removed 'snowball' items from the game, snowballing still occurs with every kill/death. It is a core mechanic and it won't go anywhere.

Supercrest

09-07-2010

I understand that term but it can never be fixed. Just gotta think hard how to hammer them down good. Like ganking

Rysan Marquise

09-07-2010

Snowballing exists and is extremely difficult to structurally remove. To a large extent they have done this as much is practical. I dislike it, but accept the level at which it exists. I simply wish snowball items were lower risk and gain, as they enhance the problem.

Currently snowballing is manageable to a large extent, I just wish that there was an abort button for when you were crushed hopelessly early game. It would be fine if you got less IP or whatnot for accepting that this match was going nowhere.

T3kn0man

09-07-2010

There are too many variables that can happen in this game to truely say when a game is "over." We have all had that tale of the epic comeback or moment where victory went to those on the bad end of the beating stick. Some champions bloom late game, some explode during mid.

Team fights, Baroning, Warding, and even some RNG luck can turn the tide. There is also disconnects, ragequits, who knows what else. The game is over when the game is over.

Snowballing cannot really be removed as that is native to the build of the game. It is a means to the end which is helping you blow up the Nexus. The game is not won by minion kills but has to be won by killing towers, inhibs, and the nexus. Killing minions, champs, and buying gear is the progressive element to help you know that you are on the way to winning, but while snowballing is a part of that scale it can be turned around.

Bucky Robinson

09-07-2010

lets just remove items and levels and map control then. snowballing isn't going anywhere unless you do that. if one team gets early kills, they deserve to be rewarded for it; not every teamfight can be on even ground.