So how do you beat lvl 30's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sparro

09-07-2010

out side of say armor pen or quints most runes are nothing more then a couple %'s that are influential enough to be a cause of your death in a fight. that extra 9 mastire points are also up for debate.

Unless its something like the 15% magical pen i wouldnt say the extra 9 arnt giveing you much at all.

What really comes down to beating a level 30 when you are sub 30 would have to be mind set. More times then not i have come to notice that when i play people sub 30 i have a harder time winning even with my full rune pages and mastire builds my perfectly layed out item build and game after game of practice.

When it comes down to it i would have to say that most level 30's get there via losing a lot. Even at sub 30 just want to win and don't lose in spirit before you even had a chance to win in practice. Have a bad team mate that won't help and just keeps feeding to matter what you do? Well its a easy fix although a hard one at the same time. Stop careing not something most people would even think to do i know.

If you just stop gaveing a **** about the game and just play to get better you will do better and slowly move up. Just play to your best find why you do bad FIX it. Don't ever blame someone else even if it IS there fault. I have won 2 v 5 games where both teams played there best just cause me and my buddy never gave up. And guess what it was some random guy who did nothing but ***** all game that helped me pull that win off. Even if someone is a mad little ragey **** they can still play well. Don't get mad at them and give them no reason to get mad at you.

TL ; DR -- Don't give up in before the game is done. Yes surrender if it is required but even then don't say die till the last move is played. If there is one thing i need to say above all else. This whole game is nothing more then exploiting the enemy's blunders. If you can do that you can win anything.

soupdelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanifey View Post
Now that Akali has managed to also get more gold than you for the mid game so is now even more powerful than you, and has also outlevelled you. By this stage they have no real problem with destroying your entire team end game.

And you're saying that it isn't "that big of a difference". Well even a minor difference can have a huge impact by the end of the game. I can play it smart of course but can I really when my laning partner doesn't play it smart?
League of Legends has an excruciating learning curve that starts with a huge steep climb if you aren't coming directly from DotA.

Experience is the mountain to climb, not the extra runes.

So let's check the usual suspects...

Checking your match history.. Udyr and Amumu, Starting Stinger on Udyr... not sure what I think about that... Warmog's as a first item on an Amumu. Hmmm...

You mentioned AS a bit, it looks like you're solidly going for AS on Udyr, I'm guessing you skill Tiger over Pheonix? But then you Tri-Force over Madred's Bloodrazor...

(Step 1, Itemization)

Doran's Shield and a health potion as a starting item on both will improve your game with both Amumu and Udyr until you get enough IP for health quints. The game REQUIRES this amount of survivability at level 1.

When you have your health quints and full runes starting with a piece of your standard build is the usual, that improves your game a bit more because it's like starting an extra 400-ish gold into your build

Udyr: Tri-force is good, but if you're going AS, buy a Madred's Razor, then a Madred's Bloodrazor.

I don't see a late game lifesteal item. Going back and forth between Bear and Turtle stance with some additional lifesteal keeps you up for longer in a fight.

Amumu: Warmog's is wrong on him.

When equipping a tank you have to be very aware of what kind of damage you're countering. Whenever you die always check your damage on the death recap. If it's more magic, need magic resist, if it's more physical, need physical. If it's both, you need both.

Wow those look like long games with Amumu...

It's easiest if they're leaning one way or the other on magic/physical, but a lot of the time I find myself getting Aegis of the Legion first. Merc treads are solid shoes, those were a good choice.

Your cooldown is important with Amumu. If they're all physical it's easy to get lots of cooldown. If they're magic, then you're screwed and you're always waiting 2 minutes on your ult. You're top priority for getting Golem buff. Don't let anyone argue with that.

(Step 2, Gameplay)

Ghost is important with Amumu. If you're laning, try Flash/Ghost. If you can manage it, be sure to Flash or Ghost in and then use your Ult. That is superior to Bandage Wrap then Ult because you can Bandage someone AFTER they're rooted. They won't be able to dodge the skillshot and they'll be stuck for longer.

Be sure to tell your team when your ultimate cooldown is up and what you plan on doing.

With Udyr controlling the neutral creeps is important. He's an awesome jungler, but even if you're not jungling, as Attack Speed Udyr you should buy a Madred's Razor after boots and you should ward or take Dragon as often as possible. If you take it about three times you've created a gold/level gap in your favor. I know in lower ELO you guys don't always have a proper jungle because it takes some runes to set up a jungler who isn't Warwick.

If dragon is down, ward it. Controlling dragon is something you can do to win the game. Wards cost gold, but this isn't about -you- winning, it's about your team winning.

(Step 3, Teamwork)

You just called your lanemate a feeder.

shame.

In this game people shout feeder at two deaths.

So yeah, you can only F up once and get away with it more or less.

I can write three or four pages about laning, I can give those three or four pages to someone, I can tell them exactly what they're doing wrong, and tell them when they will die before they get killed and 99 times out of 100 it won't help.

Calling someone a feeder, 100 times out of 100 DOES NOT HELP.

It demoralizes your teammate. It demoralizes your team. It can start arguments with people who you need to work with to win.

Back your lane mate. If they're taking hits you have to counterattack. Throw a stun or go Bear and try to give them a chance to escape. You don't have to follow through with the attack very far, a lot of the time if it's a desperate situation you just stun and run yourself, but if you slow down an enemy's pursuit your lanemate has a better chance of getting away. And remember, get a ward for the bush in the inner corner to prevent ganks from river.

The bush, by the river, on Summoner's Rift, yeah, that one, you know the one.

Ward that $#!%.
(or on Twisted Treeline, not the bush but just by Lizard should cover it)

From this day forward if you ever get ganked from unwarded riverbush and your teammate dies that's your fault because you should know better.

I tried to keep this down to a few key points. There's a lot to learn with this game. At the LAN center we play at we'll play practice games with new players and the experienced players go no Runes/no Masteries. The difference is marginal, but the new guys need all the help they can get.

There's practice games on LoL usually set up for players who're still leveling. Go check those out.

If a level 15-29 practice game is not available, then create one.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

just won a game of 3v4 on a level 11 account and the other team had a couple 30s..... it all boils down to skill... <3 shen

fruitie

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
What's the difference between a level 30 and a level 21? A few games... 9 mastery points... and 9 rune slots.... its not THAT much of a difference trust me. The only thing they have on you in experience. Take it as a blessing. Learn from them.
i remember having a hard time when i were l20ish. then again i queued with 2 others and elo were raised if u did so we were mostly stomped back then.

suicide4daniel

09-07-2010

kryptonite

Malak al Maut

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanifey View Post
Well I happen to think that 9 runes 9 masteries, extra time playing with different characters and learning how to build them, as well as general experience makes a HUGE difference in the opening minutes of a game. Especially when you don't know that they are level 30. My pain would be somewhat eased if you could see before the game what summoner level they are so that you can at least be prepared and maybe play a little more cautiously than normal.
3 extra marks, seals, and glyphs. One extra quint and some masteries are not game-changing in the slightest.

Raejack

09-07-2010

i totally had this exact same problem for a while. after getting crushed over and over and over about 2 weeks later, now i'm the level 30 and all i go against is level 20-28s. i dunno why, this is just the way it is for me.

Barthalas

09-07-2010

Dunno if this was said already, but the matchmaking pairs people that play good with bad players and bad players with good players, based on the recent matches.

Say, you're on a winning streak of 10 games, and the 30'S are on a loosing streak of 10 games because of ******ed teammates, it's possible for you to play against each other. Because the MM gives you stronger opponents, whilst it gives the 30's weaker opponents.

Alithalor

09-07-2010

Just because they are Level 30 doesn't mean they are good.

Kureno

09-07-2010

I never had issues with lvl30s.
Mind, I was intimidated once I knew they were, but otherwise, they didn't seem to play much different to level 20s