Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So how do you beat lvl 30's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

09-07-2010

It is a little unfair when you're in the low-mid 20's with around 100 wins under your belt, to end up playing against people at lvl 30 with 300+ wins under theirs. The skill gap is VERY noticeable most of the time.

More often than not you find out they're carrying a buddy who's lvl 18 or something, and that lvl 18 guy will be mostly useless for the entire game. But meanwhile your team's feeding because they're simply outskilled by the rest of the enemies.

Bainzor

09-07-2010

Quote:
kanifey:
Yes I am well aware of what most champions can do.. At my own lvl... When they are lvl 30 however, they hit a lot harder and last a lot longer. You have to change ur entire playstyle, which I normally do after I fight them once and realize they are lvl 30. Too bad my laning partner generally doesn't... Really isn't much I can do, it's basically impossible to play "better" than some1 who hits u harder, takes a hit better and has 200-400 games experience on u...

9 runes are not going to make you hit that much harder and lat that much longer, sure it gives them maybe a ~2-3% advantage if your both completely even but your making it seem like they come in the lane with 500 more hp/ 30 more AD / and 70 AP off the bat.

An if your really getting 30s that much learn to turret hump and just get a toon that is greatat farming minions early.

kanifey

09-07-2010

I agree turret hugging is the way to go, but somehow I feel obliged to help my team mate when they push the lane to the enemies tower and run in 2v1.... Maybe I shouldn't but I always make sure I get away without feeding them 2 kills instead of one.... As for this "not that big a difference" I'm hearing a lot of it but let me put this to you.... Let's pick a champion.... Say Akali for example. Now you happen to be also playing as Akali and you have all the right runes and masteries, But the other Akali does too, AND they have more of them than you. Let's say you come to a face off 1v1 and you of course have no idea that this guy has more armor penetration possibly crit, attack speed and lets not forget the extra quint as well here. So she/he will also have more health than you....Now the first few times you encounter this other will be most likely between the lvls of 1-6. In a fair fight the other Akali will win every time unless they have some massive lag spike or something. Now that Akali has managed to also get more gold than you for the mid game so is now even more powerful than you, and has also outlevelled you. By this stage they have no real problem with destroying your entire team end game.

And you're saying that it isn't "that big of a difference". Well even a minor difference can have a huge impact by the end of the game. I can play it smart of course but can I really when my laning partner doesn't play it smart?

The Hub

09-07-2010

This is not world of warcraft.

A small level difference, as this is, is not an excuse.

AwwGasm

09-07-2010

Just do your best and organise yourselves.

What level 30's have are
-more LoL experience
-more runes (these are expensive, I personally bought only 2 champs and saved the rest for runes once I hit 21)
-more masteries

What you should try to do is to pick off anyone at all who doesn't seem as good as the others and try to make it a 4v5 as soon as you can, hopefully even 4v6

There's a chance the 30's are bad too (oh believe me there are alot of these even those with 300, 500 wins) and with some extra effort you can outplay them, which is what I did in my 20s

If you do get beaten, by a huge margin or small take it as a learning experience, probably the best way to go around it.

lDefiniteLegendl

09-07-2010

I think it is because like lvl 30s queue with their lower levelled friends i.e lvl 16 with lvl 30 = you vs lvls between that or around it .

haithere

09-07-2010

Quote:
Kaeoz:
What's the difference between a level 30 and a level 21? A few games... 9 mastery points... and 9 rune slots.... its not THAT much of a difference trust me. The only thing they have on you in experience. Take it as a blessing. Learn from them.

Pfft. I've played with 600 win people who I Would rather not learn from, thanks.

Also, 9 mastery points makes a huge difference. Stop kidding yourself.

09-07-2010

It is tough, I agree. I also think the runes and masteries make a very obvious difference even if it isn't "gamebreaking." Especially when this is combined with the fact that they are more experienced than you are by a long shot.

I just was in a game against 2 level 30s who had 450 wins between them and I haven't gotten to 100 myself yet. All I can say is...hope their other players are bad...

Gnatter

09-07-2010

if u hav ever read the "how to be evil" guid, it talks about the playstyles of said summoner. The better players are usually agressive tight who will asses situations carefully and act accordingly.

Pretty much, aviod getting into said situation in the first place. Wards and map awareness is great for this and generally knowing the damage potential of X champion and any abilities that may catch you out (stuns ).

Obviously the more experienced players will have more, well, experience, but its no use just going into your shell and playing ultra conservative and letting them walk allover you. By doing that your pretty much letting them have last hits and free roam of the lane. If i am playing against much more experienced opponents, i will ward the entrance from the river and play a conservative but tight game.

Keeping minions your side of the river while still getting in last hits is an important skill that will stop many ganks from occuring, especially from better players.

Think i went off on a tangent there, but take it for what its worth

Grahalen

09-07-2010

im level 23, i play with and against 30's all the time and dont notice any differance at all until i check their summoner levels at the end.