Timers on Buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CipherX

07-18-2012

Personally I feel it would be a good addition if you could see exactly how long a buff had left on it instead of having to use the line that curves around them. Riot could keep the line and just make it so that when you moused over the buff, in addition to telling you what the buff does, it could give you a number representation of how long it has left in seconds. It doesn't seem like a hard thing to add and I think it could come in handy once in a while.

Thoughts?

EpisodeThree

07-19-2012

Only problem is, that, unless they have a compact and creative way. Another user would pop up and complain about it because he gets simply too many buffs and it clogs up his screen when he gets more.

Kyant123108

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ålphabet View Post
Only problem is, that, unless they have a compact and creative way. Another user would pop up and complain about it because he gets simply too many buffs and it clogs up his screen when he gets more.
The suggested approach has already been taken for various items and effects, all of which take up more room that this would, so I don't think that would be an issue.

I think this is a good idea but the only thing against it is that it is advantageous for experienced players for riot to make players use the graphics around your champions (which I never knew told you how long you had left, tbh). I think that Riot should add this feature, but if they didn't I would also understand since it helps separate the experts from us common folk.

Vince Ricci

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ålphabet View Post
Im sure riot wouldn't have a hard time putting a toggle button in the in-game menu. This could "unclog" the hud for players with numerous buffs

CipherX

07-20-2012

You guys are thinking of something I hadn't considered, which is having the representation in seconds be around the hero himself. I meant the little square that appears in the center, bottom, of the screen. all these little squares are there and they tell you the buffs you have, and if you mouse over them they tell you the source and the effect. I know Kennen and Shen and them have the "Flippin' Ninja" buff and gangplank has the "Yarr I'm a pirate" Buff, your guys' idea is interesting but what I meant when i posted this was just for a little timer where it tells you the effect of the buff when you mouse over the little square. Now that you mention it though, a line that curved around the buff in game to tell you how long it had left could be cool...

superbob52

07-26-2012

Quote:
I think this is a good idea but the only thing against it is that it is advantageous for experienced players for riot to make players use the graphics around your champions (which I never knew told you how long you had left, tbh). I think that Riot should add this feature, but if they didn't I would also understand since it helps separate the experts from us common folk

~Kyant123108

Skill should separate experts from the common folk, not a lack of information that can easily be provided for new players. The more information players have about the numbers in the game, the better they can form strategies.