Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Perfect Build for Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daBurger

09-07-2010

Alright I have experimented with builds for Vlad for a while now and the one I find that owns everybody is this:

Mejai's Soulsteeler
Sorcerer's Boots
Warmog's Armor
Zhonya's Ring
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Void Staff

Soulsteeler at 20 stacks will give you 650 Ability Power. It also gives around 4.5K in health. Your ult will do around 900 damage, transfusion also does around 600 damage and will heal for around 200. This is by far the best build for Vlad that I have seen. Try it out and have fun.

Pufri

09-07-2010

there is no such thing as a perfect build. you're buying warmogs anyway, so you are automatically failing

Klazzix

09-07-2010

Looks good, I'll try it out. And I'm assuming the skilling here would be Q > E > W, should be enough HP and regen to spam E at that point.

T8mNEiLGTw

Recruiter

09-07-2010

warmogs = bad build

daBurger

09-07-2010

Quote:
komodo:
warmogs = bad build

No it does not it gives my so much health and good AP because of the passive. It allows me to stay in the fight longer. It also allows me to be a team tank while dealing tons of damage.

daBurger

09-07-2010

Quote:
Klazzix:
Looks good, I'll try it out. And I'm assuming the skilling here would be Q > E > W, should be enough HP and regen to spam E at that point.

You want to be spamming Q because it is a nuke late game. E does do tons of damage at lvl 4 but it takes 14 seconds to get it there. You should be spamming Q more than E. That's my opinion.

CarnisVale

09-07-2010

Quote:
daBurger:
No it does not it gives my so much health and good AP because of the passive. It allows me to stay in the fight longer. It also allows me to be a team tank while dealing tons of damage.

Bunch of HP with no AR/MR does not tank make young padavan. But yeah, I can see your point, while Warmong's isn't very cost efficient it has good stat-per-slot concentration, especially with Vlad (+1220 HP, +49AP, +183 damage to W, as well as ****load of regeneration which gets boosted by E). While Warmong's may not be the best item, it's definitely isn't the worst, it's definitely good late game but it slows your damage scaling if you get it early, and you may not have time to feed it if you get it late.

Freedom Fries

Recruiter

09-07-2010

Quote:
daBurger:
Mejai's Soulsteeler

It's Soulstealer

And like Carnis said, you are not a tank with just HP, it will never be enough. Warmogs are bad, that's all.

Cueballmac

09-07-2010

Ive seen a tank vlaimir and lol it was epic to see a 6k hp caster

Bombast

09-07-2010

You should never have a baseline build that assumes your going to rock your enemies socks. Mejai's is a call you have to make after probing the enemy during early laning.

I always preferred (For Baseline)...

Amp Tomb/Doran's Shield + Health Pot
Boots > Merc Treads
Rylai's Scepter
Void Staff
Zhona's Ring
Abyssal Staff

Breaking the build order when the situation calls for it.