Should LoL get make another map or 2?

Yes!! 12 92.31%
No!! 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

League of Legends Maps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zeon098

06-13-2011

they should make a map where there are two or three lanes but they swerve and all meet in the center of the map so in the beginning all of the players will be in the same lane then they will all go different ways latter in the game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeon098 View Post
they should make a map where there are two or three lanes but they swerve and all meet in the center of the map so in the beginning all of the players will be in the same lane then they will all go different ways latter in the game.
The problem with this, is that you only need to control one 'point' to control every lane. If you can defend that one point, they can't push against you, and their only other option is to back door. (I've thought about this as well. :P )

Jason Redrock

07-08-2011

I've read the other posts.

I find that another map is going to be necessary for a game like this.
I understand that learning the map and how people act/react on it takes time.

But I think the confusion just adds one more layer of interest and difficulty to all of it, thus keeping the game interesting and intense.

Really, I'm getting bored of two maps.

I got here through google: maps "league of legends"
I was hoping there was a way for there to be more maps...

xpsychedelico

07-08-2011

Well, a new map is in the pipeline. There's just no ETA on when it will come out. Magma Chamber is what it is called, and you can find some pictures available of it on the forums.

Maps take a long time to develop because of balance issues. If you've ever played on Twisted Treeline, you'll know that it has a different metagame from Summoner's Rift, the top picked champions on TT are vastly different from SR.

I'm sure if you search for Panzerfaust's responses to requests for maps, you'll find a lot more info on why you should not be bored with two maps and why implementing a new one is harder than you think, by far.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Redrock View Post
But I think the confusion just adds one more layer of interest and difficulty to all of it, thus keeping the game interesting and intense..
Being unable to know what's going on should NEVER be the basis for a pvp game. It just gives the advantage to those who have been playing longer, not those who are better at the game. (If you've seen me post, you know I don't like people giving absolutes, which shows you how strongly I feel about the subject.)

Single player games where you're not going against other people? Sure you can make confusion a central part of the game, but it needs to be done extremely well, it can't be confusion for confusion's sake.

Having something to give you a change of pace is fine, but that's completely different from 'wait, I just died, wtf happened?' (The former is fun, the latter makes you feel extremely low.)

gtee45

08-10-2011

i see all these ppl saying i want new maps i want new game modes i want this i want that i want i want i want
i believe i read somewhere not in this thread i want this game to be more like wow bg's with 3 times as many spells etc

kk this game is FREE that means it doesnt cost you anything
i hear so many ppl say oh whyd u wast your money on a skin etc
im playing this game because its free i wont waste my money on it
that how riot makes money to employ staff to do these things
therefore if you want more content buy a few skins etc support the company they will make more money and then they will hire more staff and they can give you more maps and modes and characters and whatever else faster

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-10-2011

Month old post was finally getting buried... oh well.